Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 7720 printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am trying to print programs for my daughter's wedding and I cannot get the printer to print borderless.  I did read where if I installed the advanced drivers instead of basic that it would work.  However, on trying to install from that download and wireless, it does not advance to the install.  Do I have to uninstall the printer and current drivers and reinstall the advanced driver product?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@janhecka

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty, I haven't had a chance to do this but it makes sense and I will let you know how it goes.  Thanks so much!  I'll be back.

HP Recommended

Hi, Betty, I followed the entire procedure to the letter.  The good news is that I was able to delete drivers, etc. from all of my previous printers.  Bad news is that it didn't fix the issue.  From the Publisher document, I choose "borderless printing" on 8x11 plain paper.  An error comes up: "Selection conflicts were encountered. Would you like them to beauto-resolved? Borderless printing on/Paper type plain paper"  I click yes and it won't fix the problem.  I have tried saving it to .pdf but it still prints a border. Thanks so much for your help.  Any other potential solutions would be appreciated. Have a great weekend!

HP Recommended

@janhecka

What is the paper size you're trying to print on? This Printer supports up to A3/11 x 17 in for borderless printing.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty -- it's 8x11.  Thanks for getting back to me.  Janet

HP Recommended

@janhecka

Are you able to do borderless printing from Microsoft Word?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't currently have any documents that would need to print to the border.  I have no problem.  But, I can't print borderless even when I create the document in .pdf which I thought might work.

HP Recommended

@janhecka

Make sure you're using the right settings while printing borderless:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02227495

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.