Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Photosmart c309a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Jeg har en c309a. Den har hidtil fungeret på min pc også på win 10. Men nu vil den så ikke. Da jeg åbnede scannerprogrammet fik jeg så pludselig en meddelelse om at c309a ikke var færdiginstalleret. Jeg har afinstalleret hele programellet, og reinstaleret det igen. Det fungerede helt fren til til sidst hvor konfigurationen kørte i godt ti minutter. Så fik jeg en fejlmeddelelse om, at der var sket en alvorlig fejl under installationen og programmet ville blive fjernet igen. Hvad kan der være galt?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community..

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have a c309a. It has so far worked on my PC also on win 10. But now it doesn't. When I opened the scanner program I suddenly got a message that c309a was not installed. I uninstalled the entire program and reinstalled it again. It worked all the way to the end where the configuration ran for just over ten minutes. Then I got an error message that a serious error had occurred during the installation and the program would be removed again. The pc uses win 10 pro. What could be wrong?

HP Recommended

@MichaelKlaber

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform root level uninstalltion to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

You can also refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What you suggest here does not work either
One error message that comes up is: user\appdata\local\temp\7zS3351\hpzsetup.exe\vstub.... something...

First errormessage is BING does not work with yuour system og maybe it was browser...??

BEst

Michael

HP Recommended

It did not work... For some reason the driver Will not work in combination with Win 10 pro on this computer. There ius nothing wrong with the pc a Lenovo T520

HP Recommended

@MichaelKlaber

Install the printer with Windows built in driver.

Refer this HP document for the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It did not work. The C309A is detected on the PC - a Lenovo T520.  But it seems that the driver will not work. There is four steps. It is durring the last step: "Configure the device" it goes wrong, at the driver starts "de-installing" itself.

HP Recommended

@MichaelKlaber

Create a new user account and then try to install the driver.

1. Select Settings.
  2. Tap Accounts.
  3. Select Family & other users.
  4. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
  5. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
  6. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
  7. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

This should help.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.