Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
CP1525NW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a CP1525NW, I can not install it.  USB port has been damaged beyond using. How can I install as everytime I go through the wireless process it asks to be plugged in USB cable. Is there another way or is this printer for the trash now?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

If your router supports WPS, you may connect the product to a wireless network using WPS as listed on page 37 of its user guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01945700

If your router does not support any such, another possible workaround would be to temporarily connect it to your router using an Ethernet cable.

From the printer menu open the Reports menu, select the Network Summary option and locate the IP Address of the printer.

From any web browser open the printer homepage (EWS) using its IP and open the Network tab, under the wireless section follow the steps on the screen. Once selecting your wireless network name and providing its password, save the changes and confirm any prompt, then unplug the ethernet cable and the printer should connect to the wireless network.

A successful wireless  connection will be indicated with a solid blue wireless light.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

The printer has solid Blue light now, Printer is not installed though. I am using the HP install utility. When I go to use the software install utility, I select "Connect through a wireless network" it searches, when it is done it goes to next step which says "connect your product now" via USB. USB port is damaged and not usable.  When I try to add "Printers & Scanners" on my computer, it searches, but never finds one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.