Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5520 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Please help me to locate my scanner. Since I upgrqaded to windows 10 the printer is still working fine but I can't locate my scanner?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Phelpzy,

I may be able to help you with your scanning issue on Windows 10.

First, here are some Windows 10 resources for you to review;

1. Have you made sure your computer has all of it's windows updates? How can I tell if my computer is up to date?

2. Try restarting the computer.

3. HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. I recommend downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor, if it doesn't fix it automatically let me know what errors or messages you receive.

4. You could also try uninstalling the printer software, then downloading the newest software package.

Try other scanning programs; 

Have you tried just using the New Scanner app in Windows 10? It's the same as the one for Windows 8.

Here are some resources;

Do you know if you are able to scan using Paint?

To Scan from Paint: HP Multifunction Printers - How to Scan: Windows 8 

(It's the same for Windows 10, from what I've been told)

1. Right-click the Start button () in the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, and then type ...
  2. Click Paint in the results.
  3. Click File, and then click From scanner or camera.
  4. Select your printer, click OK, and then click Scan.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

When I go to All Apps, there is no Scan app shown. Where do I find it?

HP Recommended

Hi Sharilyn.

You can scan directly on your printer by pressing Scan on the control panel, then select Scan to computer.

Hope this will help.
Have a good day! 🙂

"Although I am working for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.