Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 4522
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI can print in my card program on my Windows 10 desktop with no issues o r problems at all.  However when I want to print something from Notepad or one note I cannot find my  hp Envy 4522 printer when I click on the print button and push on the print button to print off my printer that is currently hooked to my Desktop computer.

Broderbund PDF Creator

Fax

Foxit Reader PDF Printer

Microsoft print to PDF

Microsoft XPS Writer

I cannot find the print option in the menu that comes up when I push on the print command in the the notepade application or my google browser I cannot print to my current printer right now.

I cannot find the print option  in notepad and in my google brower.  I have been in settings and Devices and when I pushed the add a device button and then I pushed the button to add everything else and my connected printer showed up then I clicked on the printer name then window came up saying that I had to type in a WPs Pin code and push the ok button I have not been able to find the WPs Pin code at all to my hp Envy 4522 all in one printer.

I also tried to intall my Envy printer by intalling it from my hp Envy cd but I keep getting this message that says that the pritner software was successfully installed but the printer has not been hooked up to your new computer.

I have also downloaded the full feature version of my Envy 4520 and I have tried to install this several times and every time it comes up saying the follwing that the software is installed successfully but the printer has not been hooked up to my new computer yet.

Thanks very much for your time and your effort.

Thanks very much have a good day.

Details below:

Hp Envy 4520 All In one series install cd

The hp Envy printer that is hooked up to my desktop computer is: Envy 4522

Windows 10 64 bit upgraded to windows 10 creators update version 1703

my email address:

[Personal Information Removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Request you uninstall the printer software and settings again and try configuring the printer using Windows built in drivers. 

Refer to this HP Article for step by step instructions. 

Let me know if the printer works with Windows built-in drivers. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings @funny35

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print from some applications as the printer is not listed. You have tried to install the printer again but are unable to find the WPS password. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

WPS password is set on the router and not on the printer. If you are not aware of the router password, please refer to this HP Article for assistant in retrieving the password. 

To resolve the issue you are facing, request you follow the procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer software on your computer cleanly and install it back using USB setup. 

Once the printer is working fine with USB connection, refer to this HP Article to convert the USB connection to wireless. 

The procedure mentioned below might look complicated but will resolve the issue you are facing. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect/power on the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI I did do every thing and I did re download the latestest  driver and software from my printer.  I installed the full version of the driver and software download.  The install was going great except when it gets to the screen to connect the printer to the computer.  It shows a picture of the printer being connected to a laptop computer.  I have a desktop computer with a tower.  I did re connect the printer and turned it back on and then I pushed next.  The next screen says that need to re connect the printer to the computer so I did do this.  Then below that their is a square box and some wording saying  continue with the install push contiue so I did that and then a message comes up saying that the software was installed successfully, However your new Hp Device has not be connected to the computer.  When you are ready to connect the device to your computer double click the device icon on the desktop to open the device setup program.  Then it has a Finish button so I clicked that and the whole setup program closed.  What do I do now.  

Thanks very much for your help I appreciate it a lot.

HP Recommended

@funny35

You're most welcome. 🙂

as @Chimney_83 is out of the office, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively and suggest you to perform the following steps:

• Let us uninstall the existing drivers from the root level by following the below steps:
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Please download and install the drivers from this link.

NOTE: If you're going to connect the printer via USB, then do not connect it initially. Begin the installation first and later there will be a prompt to connect the printer. That's when you may connect the printer.

You may try connecting the printer to a different USB port on the PC if the printer is not recognized.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

HP Recommended

HI I did uninstall the 4522 Hp printer driver from the root driver I followed all your directions the only thing I did not do was uninstall the software for the printer and the printer driver I only uninstalled the hp printer driver from devices and I also removed the printer icons from device and printers and I did download the drivers from the link you provided, I also turned off the printer and installed the drivers everything started out fine until I clicked on the connect printer by Usb then I pushed on next and I connected the printer back up to the computer where it shows you by a laptop how to connect the usb to the back of the laptop then I pushed the next button.  It goes to the last screen where it says connect the printer to the computer and make sure you have ink in it and that the printer is unwrapped.  So I made sure the printer was connected and the printer is on then their is a box that you have to put a checkmark in in order for the Skip button to turn gray to push it.  So after I checked the box I pushed the Skip button and the next screen says that the printer is activated and ready to go.  So I pushed the close button and closed the install wizard.  

Now that I get told that the printer is activated I went into the Devices and printers and the icon for Scanner and printer is their but I cannot make it a default printer their is no default option in the menu when I right click on the device icon.  What I do not understand what can I do to make it a default Scanner and printer.  I also right clicked on the menu on the Scanner and printer and I went to troubleshooter.  In the trouble shooter it tells me that my usb composite device can't work with usb 3.0  What can I do now.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. As you skipped the step to connect the printer to your computer, only the software would be installed but for the printer to work, launch the printer assistant from the desktop of your computer (icon of the printer) while the printer is connected to your computer using a USB cable and complete the setup. 

If the issue persists, please follow the exact procedure mentioned in my first post to uninstall the printer software completely and then install it back on your computer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI Chimmey_83 how is it going today.  Sorry I did not get back to you for a long time I have been busy lately.  I have tried deleting the hp printer software completely and using the regedit and I did not find any printer to delete at all in regedit, I also went into devices and did delete my hh printer out of their and restarted the desktop computer, I also went into control panel and went through features and printers and deleted my hp printe r out of their and I also went through the run command box and went into the temp folder and deleted all the temp files that I could delete fully from the temp folder.  Also made sure I did restart the hp desktop computer several times as well.  Then I downloaded the hp Envey full pack with software and drivers I also diconnected the hp Envy 4522 printer and I also uninstalled the hp software from the computer as well and again restarted the desktop computer.  I did double click on the downloaded hp Envy full featured setup file and then the setup file started installing the hp software and drivers the setup file starts out saying now we cannot start the setup process since the printer is hooked up and prepared.  So then I click on the ok button and then a window comes up saying saying how do you want to connect the printer it has three options one is connect the printer through wfi, then the next option is Usb connect printer to  computer usb, the third option is continue with installing the software and I will connect the printer later.  So then I went with USB connect to computer through usb I put a black circle in the white circle and clicked on the ok button at the bottom then the next window comes up with a whole bunch of reading and so I clicked on the square button that said whether I had read and understand the pravicy policy so I put a check mark in that box and clicked ok.  Then another window comes up with a picture of a laptop and how to connect the usb cable to the laptop.  So I then connected the printer and turned on the power.  Their is a problem though if I do not put a checkmark in the square where it says continue setup when you have the computer connected to your computer.  If I put a check mark in the white square box I can then push on the button that says skip.  If I put no checkmark in this box the skip button is grayed out and the back button is the only button to push on.  

The only way to exit this hp setup file is to go through Task manager and ciick on the End Task button in Task Manager.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Request you uninstall the printer software and settings again and try configuring the printer using Windows built in drivers. 

Refer to this HP Article for step by step instructions. 

Let me know if the printer works with Windows built-in drivers. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI Chimmeny_38 I did go through Devices in Windows 10 and I added my printer instead I did try to print several times but I could get no words on the page but the printer sounded like it was printing and everything it did say on the screen of the printer that the color cartiage of the printer might be low and not work real well.  Where may I locate the printer cartigages for this printer?  Can you please provide instructions please.  Thanks a lot your solution worked for getting my desktop computer to work with my printer.

Thanks Chimmeny_38

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, for assistance in replacing the cartridges on your printer, please refer to this HP Article

If you need assistance in checking the ink levels, you can refer to this HP Article

You can visit www.suresupply.com or contact our phone support to order a set of cartridges for your printer. 

Please click here for the user manual of your printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.