Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All in One 2610 Printer Scanner Fax
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an ASUS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop that up until yesterday worked just fine with the AllinOne printer as it has for years.

It (the printer) stopped connecting to the router. I restarted the router with no change.

I also disconnected all firewall setting.

Still, no connection to the printer from the laptop.

Network status is Ready.  I pinged the ip address 192.168.1.103 but it timed out.

The subnet mask is :255.255.255.0 The default gateway is: 10.0.0.1

The DNS Server address is: 75.75.75.75

The laptop is connected to a local wireless network.

I ended up using HP Doctor to diagnose with no success.

Ultimately, I uninstalled everything.

On Reinstall now I cannot get the laptop to even recognized the printer when trying to add the printer back to the laptop for use.

Since I seem to have exhausted all possibilities I kindly am asking for some support.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

HP Deskjet 2652 & 2655: Download Install Software & Connect using HP Auto Wireless

The video shows how to reset the Wireless.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software
Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software 

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.