Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbobKK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't get my HP Envy 4512 online...and now I can't connect it to the computer at all

HP Envy 4512
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried to get my printer 'online' (HP Envy 4512).  Recently switched Internet companies to Spectrum.  Had no trouble getting the printer to recognise the wireless network and connect, but when I try to print it says the printer is offline...and won't print until I pull the plug on the computer and power it up again.

Now, in trying to solve this problem, I followed one piece of advice I wish I hadn't...I deleted the printer from the computer's 'Devices' list and tried to Add it back in again.  Now it wants the printer's 'WPS PIN', which I cannot find.  The 'Network Configuration Page' has lots of information and numbers, but nothing that says WPS PIN.  So I can't print, can't use the printer at all.

So, two problems:  Printer stays 'Offline' -- and -- Computer's "Device' list wants a WPS PIN to add the printer to its list.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
PCAsta
Level 2
32 32 0 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't get my HP Envy 4512 online...and now I can't connect it to the computer at all

Hello and welcome to the HP Forums!

In this case i would recommend to install drivers again.

But first make sure you have setup your printer to wireless connection, once done follow the steps:-

Uninstall all the drivers related to printer from Control Panel.

Reboot computer.

Download latest drivers and software from Hp Website.

Install drivers by following instructions on screen.

Drivers:- https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4510-all-in-one-printer-series/7588794/mode...

Voila! you're done, you can try to print now.
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!
If you still continue to have issue please visit Support for HP Printers.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation