Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3545
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install my old printer in my new PC. When installing the printer software, in the connect the printer part, I always get the error "Unsuccessful Network Installation" when connecting wirelessly.  I've tried several things listed in this forum, including https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Unsuccessful-Network-Installation/m-p/609... but no luck.

I also tried installing via USB (which was successful) then trying to convert to wireless, but still get the same error.

Please help! I am desperate. I need the "scan to computer" function of my printer and I read that I can only enable that through the full software. 

PS. I successfully installed the printer in my wife's PC wirelessly without any problems.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@derfalli,

I recommend you create a new user account on the computer and then install the printer and check.

Follow the steps in the below article to create a new user account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@derfalli

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Have you already tried uninstalling the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software?

If the issue persists try setting up the printer using the HP Smart App. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you for the reply! For your first question, Yes, unless I am missing something when you say "root level." Please elaborate.

I am using the HP Smart App right now  BUT it doesn't support "scan to computer."  Everytime I need to scan something, I need to go back to my computer to press the button.  It used to be far simpler - get all my documents that need scanning, put each document in the scanner, and select "scan to [pc name]" on the printer itself, and repeat n times.  When I walk back to my PC, eveything is there already.

Now, I need to go to the scanner, place my document, go back to the PC, press scan, go back to the scanner, replace the document, go back to the pc, press scan, etc.  It's very inconvenient - especially since my scanner is outside my room, several meters away.

HP Recommended

Hi @derfalli

Please try these steps - HP Printers - 'Unsuccessful Network Installation' Error (Windows)

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying! I already did all of those except for adding a new TCP/IP port but no luck.

HP Recommended

@derfalli,

I recommend you create a new user account on the computer and then install the printer and check.

Follow the steps in the below article to create a new user account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You are a lifesaver!! Thank you very much!!

HP Recommended

@derfalli,

You're welcome!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.