09-20-2019 04:58 AM
Since 1 month I can't install the software for my printer anymore. It's a HP Envy 5030.
Before it always worked, there wasn't any problem. But I had to reïnstall my notebook and the printer.
Everything works fine, the installation seems to look fine but the software isn't mentioned in my StartMenu, I can't use any software that is installed because I don't know where it is.
Wireless scanning, no problem. Wireless printing from our smartphone, no problem. But wireless printing, no way, it does not work.
I immediately get an error (no code...).
I uninstalled all the software, downloaded it again, installed it again, restarted my notebook, my printer, my router, everything, nothing worked.
Does anybody have any idea what I can try now?
09-22-2019 11:14 AM
@Plopperke, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.
If the issue persists, let me know the exact error on your PC for further assistance.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee