Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2600
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Printing from Chrome on a Mac prints extremely slowly because everything is 1200dpi.

On my Windows 10 PC (in Chrome) I can lower the resolution by clicking "More Setting" and changing Quality from 1200 to 600 or 300dpi. On the Mac/Chrome, that option (Quality) is missing, so you have to save docs as pdf and open that up to print, otherwise it takes 10-15 minutes per sheet, even with plain text documents.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rdenzel

Unfortunately Google chrome does not have this option in macOS. You will have to use system dialog on a MAC. You may save this setting as default.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@rdenzel, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried printing different documents like PDF, Word and check if it takes long time to print?

Try updating the chrome browser.

On the browser, Click on the menu/3 dots > Help > About Google chrome > Check for updates.

Open the document you would like to print on chrome, click on print, go to 'print using system dialogue'

Here, in the unnamed menu select Media and Quality, adjust the quality as required between Draft, Normal and Best .

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Chrome is up to date. It happened when our guests (with Macs) visited, too. 

It happens whenever they use the native print from the browser. Going to system dialog works, as does downloading the doc and opening it in its native app, but simply clicking print in the browser is a hard habit to break.

It was happening on my Windows 10 PC, too, but I was able to change from 1200 to 300 one time and it stuck. That option is not available in the Mac version of Chrome.

HP Recommended

@rdenzel

Unfortunately Google chrome does not have this option in macOS. You will have to use system dialog on a MAC. You may save this setting as default.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I appreciate the followup!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.