Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advantage 3700 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First time I connected the printer it worked perfectly, by USB and wifi both. But then I moved and therefore my internet provider changed. Now that I tryed to connect the printer again it just doesn't. It prints via USB alright, but it doesn't connect to the house's wifi. I've tryed everything in all the troublesootings availabe. I checked if it is 2.4GHz, changed the name and checked if it was right, moved it closer to the router, went through the HP Scan and Printer Doctor, connected to the HP-Setup network and the Direct network, with every different PIN given. Tryed the MAC filter, my computer's IP, the printer's IP, changing the channel, disabling firewall and enabling again, with USB, without USB, with a different USB, sharing devices, sharing network. Restarted everything at least 3 times. Clicked the WPS button on the router twice. Printed 11  connection tests with different results (with all the wasted ink and paper involved). The default gateway is still 0.0.0.0, it is still offline and still can't find my SSID. Even tryed restarting to manufacture settings.

Anyway. Ithink I've tryed everything, so if anyone has any idea of what is going on, please, help me.

Thanks anyway

Obs. the model is 3776, and the first time I connected was also with Win10, wich was about 8 months ago.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Replacing/reconnecting/changing your wireless router, try here. 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

* Reset your printer back to Network Defaults.  Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect.  Both can be accessed from the front panel or computer.  If no front panel for configuration, you must use your Printer USB cable to connect.  You can also try the WPS method if your router/printer supports this only if the Wizard or Printer USB cable is not available.  Read your User Guide for info.

* Wireless printers only connect to the 2.4G band in your router.  The router must have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different SSID name than your 5.0G SSID band in your router.

* Set router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time. 

* Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart. 

* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If it works, it works.  If it doesn’t… suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over. 

HP Recommended

"* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer."

I don't know how to make sure, but all the printed reports indicate it's disabled.

Other than that, I've already tried these steps. Changed the channel, they aree 12ft apart, tryed to reset, the 2.4 and 5 networks have different names.

"Make and model of modem and router?"

I'm in Brazil, so I don't know if that helps?

"suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over."

Hum, how do I know if I have one and if so, how do I do that?

HP Recommended

@panmfs wrote:

"* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer."

I don't know how to make sure, but all the printed reports indicate it's disabled.

Other than that, I've already tried these steps. Changed the channel, they aree 12ft apart, tryed to reset, the 2.4 and 5 networks have different names.

"Make and model of modem and router?"

I'm in Brazil, so I don't know if that helps?

"suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over."

Hum, how do I know if I have one and if so, how do I do that?

Print out the Network Config page and post the info here.  You will need to read your User Guide.

Bridge mode is in your router manual.  Or your ISP can do it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.