Top Student
4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't print from my computer to printer

HP Envy 114
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Please help. I am so frustrated. Since I've bought my printer it's always cool with the connection to any computer. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. It's not just "responding" to the computer ask to print. I have tried re-starting computer, unplugging the printer, trying to match them with the same network, nothing works. I also tried to download a driver but could not find anything for Mac Sierra 10.13 .... please help. thanks

I am about to throw the printer out the window. Or perhaps there is a new driver I need to install - but when I try to find it on this website, it is utterly confusing and wont' download. THANK YOU

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5216 266 340
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't print from my computer to printer

@janinedigi

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you're unable to print from your MAC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Restart the devices: 

1) Turn off the Router, Printer and the computer.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer and check the functionality

Once completed, continue to next steps: 

Delete the existing print queue and add the printer

Remove the printer queue from the list of printers, and then add it again. Doing so creates a new printing session.

1. Make sure your Mac is connected to the Internet.

2. In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button  to delete it.

3. Click the Add button .

4. Find and select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

NOTE: If your printer does not display in the list, make sure the printer is connected, turned on, has power, and is ready to print.

Figure: Example of the printer selection list

Image: The Add window showing a selection of printers with one model selected.
  5. Click Print Using or Use.

6. Select AirPrint.

Figure: Menu showing AirPrint selected

Image: Menu showing AirPrint selected
  7. Try printing again.

Let me know how this goes,

Have a great day :)

Cheers :)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation