Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8630 Pro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have recently decided to use Chrome and give up IE after many years of being in the minority.  So I am now finding that printing on my HP8630 is a problem with it.  Specifically - the normal Chrome Print screen doesn't provide anywhere near the options that my printer offers under IE.  And more problematic is that when I use the HP printer driver (Ctrl-Shift-P) to make my choices it doesn't remember what I have selected.  In my case I put my letter-size in Tray 2 and want the browser to default to that, but Chrome (and the HP driver screen) insist on defaulting to Tray 1.

So - who's at fault here?  Chrome for having a weak driver built in or HP for not interfacing completely with Chrome?

And yes - I did go to the Chrome store(?) and download the (?)'HP for Chrome app but that did nothing different for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved this by going to the control panel printers dialog and finding that the printer's default settings had been reset by the installing of the Chrome app for hp printers.  Didn't occur to me that the app would do that.  Once I set the master default to let the printer decide automatically I was all set.

The Chrome interface for printers though is terribly poor though.  If Google wants to provide a printer interface instead of letting the system printer dialog do the work, at least they should get it right.  So few options under the Advanced button when you call up the Chrome printer dialog, and when I do use the system printer dialog to make changes it hung up everytime with no message that there was a problem, which had to be my problem since once I made the above change it ceased to be a problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ginerjm, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues printing from tray 2 from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Try the steps recommended below.

Click start type devices and printer in the search box.

Open devices and printer, right click on your printer and select Printing preferences.

Select paper source to tray 2, select ok to confirm.

Now try printing from Chrome browser and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists try resetting the chrome and check if it helps.

Click the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the upper-right corner of the browser window and select “Settings”. Start typing “reset settings” in the search box. Settings matching the search term start displaying. Click the Perform a search for “reset browser” and you’ll see the Reset browser settings button.

The Reset Settings dialog box displays, telling you what resetting your settings will do. Click “Reset” if you’re sure you want to reset your Chrome settings.

Let me know if this works,

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Solved this by going to the control panel printers dialog and finding that the printer's default settings had been reset by the installing of the Chrome app for hp printers.  Didn't occur to me that the app would do that.  Once I set the master default to let the printer decide automatically I was all set.

The Chrome interface for printers though is terribly poor though.  If Google wants to provide a printer interface instead of letting the system printer dialog do the work, at least they should get it right.  So few options under the Advanced button when you call up the Chrome printer dialog, and when I do use the system printer dialog to make changes it hung up everytime with no message that there was a problem, which had to be my problem since once I made the above change it ceased to be a problem.

HP Recommended

Hi! @ginerjm! Its' great to hear from you again,

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.