Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to own an HP Printer, but I found a much better Canon printer and installed it instead. I was very happy with the Canon and I determined to completely remove any last vestiges of the old HP printer from my laptop. 

The problem is that after uninstalling the HP priner software I now get an alert box EVERY SINGLE TIME I restart my laptop. here is the message: "There was a problem starting C:\ Program Files\ HP\ HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series\ bin\ HP Status BL.dll" The specific module could not be found.

Now keep in mind that I haven't had an HP printer connected to this computer in over one year!

I am so frustrated because I'm trying to sell this computer and I have lost two potential buyers because the error box scarred them away. I have contacted HP support, but they want the serial number of the printer. I don't have that anymore. I'm about to just give in an download the full software for the printer because I am so tired of seeing that error message EVERY SINGLE TIME I START MY COMPUTER. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,
From File Exploer type %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup into the address bar and press Enter.
Delete the Monitor Ink Alerts shortcut of the Non-Existing printer and the error should no longer appear.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks but that didn't really help me. 

HP Recommended

Did you get resolution to this problem?  I am experiencing the exact same thing.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you. It worked!

HP Recommended

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.