Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and older

Does anyone have experience setting up an MFP as a print-to-fax device through Server 2012R2? I have been banging my head against the wall trying to use the generic HP fax driver, as the normal installation software does not run on 2012R2. In my youth, this was simpler than tying my own shoes, but for the life of me, I can't get anywhere trying to do it. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but I dunno what it is.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Please follow the Customize the installation section below, the same steps apply to your printer model too:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03351547

Be sure to add a FAX=YES argument to the used MSIEXEC command, while installing the printer software from the command line.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you. HP does not offer the full packaged referenced that is compatible with Server 2012R2. Is there another option?

Thank you,

Dave

HP Recommended

Extract and use the Basic Drivers listed for Windows 2012, this includes the Fax software also.

Of course, be sure to use the MSIEXEC command to install it.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.