11-24-2019 08:31 AM
Installed new printer HP OfficeJet 3830.
When I print from my iPhone or iPad I get color print.
When I print from my Lenovo laptop I only get monochrome. It keeps defaulting to monochrome despite changing print option to color.
Something on my laptop need to change. Should I delete printer from laptop and reinstall?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-26-2019 12:28 PM
@dcak, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This seems to be an issue with the print driver. Installing the print driver compatible with Win 7 on your Win 10 PC may resolve this issue:
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee