Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
7520 Photosmart All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to reinstall my 7520 printer due to problems with it being offline and then having to power off/on the printer.

I uninstalled all the HP related software, deleted the printer via control panel and downloaded the full function software for the printer. I have done this many times but now for some reason when going thru the setup, the software cannot locate my printer using its IP address. I am on the 2.4 wireless network and I am trying to add the printer as a wireless connection, The only variation in the install is that I am not installing HP Photo Creations as this software is being replaced by HP Smart. The full function drivers get installed along with the HP Officejet 7520 Series utility program for managing the printer.But then the install fails when it cannot find the IP address of the printer. The address is valid. I have also run the Wireless Setup Wizard via the printer panel to connect the printer to my network via its SSID and passphrase successfully. Still cannot locate the printer.

Not sure what else to try..I have even turned off the smart firewall and set Norton to Silent mode. Same result. 

Any ideas what the problem is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Apparently the printer installation procedure has issues if you do not install all the components listed and do a custom install. I didnt select HP Photo Creations as this product is replaced by HP Smart. This must have caused a problem with the install. Once I did the entire install all over again and allowed the install of HP Photo Creations the install completed successfully. I had no issues with the install finding my printer ip address and setting it up. 

The only post issue was with the HP Connected setup when this is already setup and enabled. Couldnt find a way to get a new Claim Code. Given this was done when I first got the printer, I just ignored this phase as it was not really needed.

So my advice is if you ever need to reinstall this or a similar printer that uses Photo Creations, all Photo Creations to install and dont deviate from the full list of components.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Apparently the printer installation procedure has issues if you do not install all the components listed and do a custom install. I didnt select HP Photo Creations as this product is replaced by HP Smart. This must have caused a problem with the install. Once I did the entire install all over again and allowed the install of HP Photo Creations the install completed successfully. I had no issues with the install finding my printer ip address and setting it up. 

The only post issue was with the HP Connected setup when this is already setup and enabled. Couldnt find a way to get a new Claim Code. Given this was done when I first got the printer, I just ignored this phase as it was not really needed.

So my advice is if you ever need to reinstall this or a similar printer that uses Photo Creations, all Photo Creations to install and dont deviate from the full list of components.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.