Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp envy photo 7855 printer. I have not been able to get the drivers for the 7855 to load. I have spent 8+ hours with hp tech support and microsoft tech support. They have not been able to find the problem. HP tech support maintains that it is a Windows 10 problem. Microsoft tech support maintains that it is a HP problem. A hp techy had me set up a printer port based on the printer's ip address and download the drivers from another model hp printer to use with the 7855. Printing functionality is limited. For instance, I cannot print from the web. It is a shame that the native drivers for the 7855 can't be used.

My OS is Windows 10 Build 17074. My laptop is a hp envy 17t with 16 gb memory, i7 intel processor, 2 tb hard drive. Hopefully, I will find the answer soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Printer finally set up as it should be.  Not sure what happened.  I did a re-install one more time and it worked.  Previously I re-selected ipv6 which had been disconnected.  Could be HP InstaInk Service needs it.  Also on the printer control panel selected reset to printer defaults.  Possible InstaInk Service communicating with HP was part of problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Printer finally set up as it should be.  Not sure what happened.  I did a re-install one more time and it worked.  Previously I re-selected ipv6 which had been disconnected.  Could be HP InstaInk Service needs it.  Also on the printer control panel selected reset to printer defaults.  Possible InstaInk Service communicating with HP was part of problem.

HP Recommended

I had my printer working yesterday, and when I went to set up 2 sided printing, something happened to my 7855.

Is there a way to get it back to factory settings so I can start all over again?

I have been working on this for 6 hours right now, and my husband is very aggravated at me.  lol!!

HP Recommended

By the Grace of God, I turned off my printer last night, and this morning all is working fine with two sided printing!!!!

HP Recommended

I just spent 7+ hours between the help center, online, back and forth to the store...and still nothing.  They are sending me cartridges, in 7 days.  WHAT A JOKE!  I think I'm just going to return the printer.  HP has been horrible about trying to fix this.  I honestly could not believe the unintelligent people I spoke to.  I was able to upload and install all of the drivers myself and the guy couldn't figure out how to do it.  Unfortunately that did not solve the issue.  

HP Recommended

Just purchased HP Envy Photo 7855 and cannot get printer connected to network!  Spent hours and have reloaded numerous times.  I am at a loss as to what to do.  Any advice?

HP Recommended

Had the exact same problem. The ONLY thing I can think of is the HP InstaInk services communications had something to do with the problem. After troubleshooting and removing the printer to then add back. The error I kept getting was that the driver was not able to install. Restarted printer spooler, removed and added serveral times...unplugged, hard reset...

Then I logged in to HP InstaInk, repeated the process of removing and adding the device back in and magically the driver installed and I can print. SMH

HP Recommended

When I purchased my printer several years ago I had the same problem. HP could not fix the problem. About two hours later I used the USB connection straight the printer and it worked. Later I  set it up to be able to obtain cartridges automatically.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.