Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printe
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am using third party controls in my WPF application to control printing.  I must insist there is nothing wrong with the printing code.  The print preview dialog shows beautifully, but then it prints a thin line across the top of the page instead of the actual content.  I updated the driver and the firmware, still nothing.  I tried to print the exact same way on a Cannon printer and it worked.  Can anyone provide any insight as to why I might be having this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you clarify your exact Canon printer model?

I would guess your application may print using PJL comands and require a printer to support such commands (a printer who support the PCL5 / PostScript printing language), a such may clarify such behavior as the Officejet 200 is a PCL 3 printer and therefore do not support such PJL commands...

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  That sounds about right.

I know it is a Pixma MX... (I think it is in the 500s).  It is definitely similar to an MX512, but is not one of the new models (it is several years old).  I will clarify the exact model later today, but can you confirm that models similar to the MX512 support PCL5?  That would probably mean you're right about the PCL3 vs PCL5 support.

I tried the same thing on a larger HP ENVY 7640 and that didn't work either.  I can see in the specs that it is PCL 3 which supports your theory as well.

I appreciate your help on this, and I look forward to confirming!

Best,

BC33 

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Its actually a Pixma MP495.  I couldn't find in the spec whether it supports PCL5, but when I tried printing from it, it did work.  

Any additional info on the matter is greatly appreciated

-Ben 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.