Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
C309g Photosmart printer
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have a Photosmart c309g printer, which has been working fine before I installed Mojave. Since installing Mojave, I cannot print or scan anything. I uninstalled the software that I had from the printer, and went through the process of installing it as specified by HP and Apple, which was to go through the preferences, then add it in Printer preferences. It would only give me "Generic PCL Printer" as an option. That would allow me to print and scan, but it gives me extremely limited options as far as resolution, tray selection, etc. So what I decided to do is install the printers software that came with the printer, like I did when installing it with High Sierra. 

I install the software, and when I get to the part where I need to add the printer in the Mac preferences, the software shows up, but I get an error message immediately after, saying "The printer software was installed incorrectly. Would you like it to be repaired?" I choose repair. It sets up the device, and the printers icon shows in the Mac preferences. Now, when I try to print, nothing happens. And when I try to scan, using the HP Easy Scan app, I get an error saying "Software for "%@" failed to run." Plus, in the HP scan program, the printer icon shows up, but with a yellow exclamation point next to it. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have taken screenshots if anyone wants to see them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing below drivers from Apple and check if you may see any difference then:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT201465

As your printer drivers are provided via Apple Software Update, manually installing the above package should force a proper installation of the drivers on your Mac.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing below drivers from Apple and check if you may see any difference then:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT201465

As your printer drivers are provided via Apple Software Update, manually installing the above package should force a proper installation of the drivers on your Mac.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I opened that link, but its not showing anything to download. Its just showing me a list of printers, and their manufacturers website.

HP Recommended

I found something similar to what you suggested, and it work. 

FYI...this is the link:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/HP-C309G-Driver-Software-for-Mac/td-p/58558...

Thanks for the help!!!

HP Recommended

Oops, sorry for including the wrong link by mistake. 🙂

Great you were able to locate the correct one and I hope it didn't make you any hard time.

Glad to see the problem has been resolved!

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.