Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4527
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi hoping someone can help as this driving me crazy. My Envy 4527 been working fine past 3 months. Printing from laptop. Last I was away for 3 days kept wifi on. Came back suddenly could not print.have tried everything and nothing works. Reset wifi connection on printer by following the steps on HP support. Printed test results all comes back OK.

Installed scanDocter and it goes through the steps finds the printer downloads the software then right at the end I get a box saying "unable to find device" and where it says PC NETWORK NAME (SSID) it says "retrieving" i have enetered the ip of the priner when requested . And then tried the host name. Still no good.

Tried removing software for the printer - which i did still no good. The printer itself is connected correctly to my wifi but my latpop when running install through scan docter wont / cant find it. Tried turning firewalls off (bitdefender )

so frustrating and now totally confused . Checking installed printers and scanners all i see is HpEprint jetadvantage ... no idea what this is.

Any help on this would be really appreciated as no idea how to print again from my laptop which is runnings windows 10 latest version

thank you Dino

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dino6868 Welcome to HP Community!

Let's perform a network connectivity ping test to identify any issues with the network before we proceed further:

Search on windows and open cmd window as admin

and then ping<space>IP address of the printer

please share the results with us.

Once done, perform the below steps:

1. Change Router Channel: If you have an Apple router and you’re constantly getting interference with your WiFi, try rebooting it. Upon restart, the station will search for a new channel. Specifically, a different channel than the one your Bluetooth devices is using to communicate. If you don’t have an Apple router, you may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best.

2. Move Closer to Your Router: If you often find that you’re getting interference when talking on a wireless headset while on a WiFi call (you’ll know because you’ll hear static), try moving closer to your router. This will give you a more robust WiFi connection, so the Bluetooth frequency can’t overpower it.

If this doesn't work, we may need to reinstall the drivers using the root level technique and I'll help you with the details once you revert with the about results.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the response I will do this ping for the IP. and post here. But i can install the software and it seems to find the printer now but cant install drivers . it shows drivers not available. And everything i have tried cant get the drivers installed. but will post here soon the IP info. totally confused with this all by now. thanks

HP Recommended

Hi okay here is what was requested

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.476]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 192.168.0.237

Pinging 192.168.0.237 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.237: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.0.237: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.0.237: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.0.237: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=255

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.237:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 44ms, Maximum = 52ms, Average = 47ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The router is close by the printer no interference. I just cant get drivers to install even when using scan docter. It goes through whole set up, then right at the end i get "unable to find device" and PC Network name (SSID) "retrieving"  ..

but it just hangs like that.

When I try add the printer from windows "add printer or scanner" it now finds it but wont allow install of drivers

thanks

HP Recommended

still cant install drivers - really frustrating.

HP Recommended

@Dino6868 I understand your concern and i'm here only to help, and I shall until its fixed once and for all,

That said, please try these steps:

• Please perform a hard reset first on the printer by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2xSS7ma  and follow steps from this section “Step 1: Reset the printer

Then uninstall and reinstall the printer at the root level by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, in control panel and select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 
  • Click on print server properties. 
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again. 

Then create a new user account as an administrator  from this link: https://hp.care/2rZfJBC

• Then download the latest full feature driver from  https://hp.care/2rAtmK1  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
  • Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
  • This should fix the issue.

If this does not do the trick, please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2o3acvH There is an associated YouTube Video on how to do it.

This should resolve the issue for you.

Try another ethernet cable also. Please follow the steps to the "T"

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.