Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do I change the interface language in my printer software (especially for the scanner and fax) from Hebrew to English? The present interface language is Hebrew and most times the comments are presented by a row of question marks "???????????" that means nothing. I need to change the language to English. When I installed the driver it did not give me an option.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can check out this resource?  It may help to resolve your issue.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

That resource, a Youtube video, is about changing the language on my printer's Control Panel. This is not relevant to my issue. Actually, the language on my printer's Control Panel is already in English.

My problem is that a number of dialog boxes in the HP software included with the driver appear in Hebrew, especially when errors occur. I have included a photo of 2 dialog boxes that appear, merely as examples. I would like these to be in English instead of Hebrew.men_001.jpgmen_002a.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

Have you tried changing system language?

To change the system language on Windows 10, close any running applications, and then use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Time & Language.
  3. Click on Language.
  4. Under the "Preferred languages" section, click the Add a preferred language button.

5. Search for the language that you want to use on Windows 10.
  6. Select the language package from the result.

7. Click the Next button.
  8. Check the Set as my display language option.
  9. Check the Install language pack option.
  10. Check or clear the additional language features as needed.
  11. Click the Install button.

12. Click the Yes, sign out now button
  13. Sign back into your Windows 10 account.

After you complete the steps, the language will change across the entire Windows 10 experience. This change includes in the Sign-in screen, Settings app, File Explorer, Desktop, apps, browser, and websites you visit. They will now use the new default language. Also, depending on your new settings, Windows 10 may prompt you to review your privacy settings again.

Hope that works.  BTW, was it in Hebrew right from the start?

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Perhaps I should have mentioned this from the beginning. However, I am not running Windows 10. My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit. When I went to HP to obtain the driver, the HP website detected my operating system and sent me a driver for Windows 7 64-bit.

About my system language:

I am running Windows with both English and Hebrew capability. In much of my work I alternate between communication,  composition of essays and other documents, and applications in both languages. However, when I installed the driver, all the questions the software asked me and requests for input were all in English. When I began to receive dialog boxes containing technical HP-speak in Hebrew, I realized I had a problem because my Hebrew fluency does not extend that far. I thought I could find some menu option concerning language or something in the Settings menu to that effect, but so far to no avail.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.