Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an  issue with print coloured. The software does not give me the option to change from monochrome to colour on the settings, nor does it tell me the printer that's causing the conflict so I can also change those settings. 

It does not say what setting or where or how to fix it and automatically changes it back to monochrome.

I have tried to uninstall an install the printer software but nothing changed.

Also I search in the printer properties or preferences to de-select the black only option, but there are no settings for this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Evelthon 
Hello,

In order to palliate this incident, please follow the following procedure:

1. Uninstall printing software:

1. Unplug the USB cable at the back of the printer, if necessary.
  2. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  3. Type appwiz.cpl, then OK. The Programs and Features window opens.
  4. Click the right mouse button on HP DeskJet 3830 series Basic Software, then Uninstall and Yes.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstall of the printer.
  6. Restart the computer.

2. Launch the registry editor:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
  3. Develop HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, click with the right mouse button on Hewlett-Packard and Delete. (If the PC is HP-branded, develop Hewlett-Packard and remove Digital Imaging)

3. Delete the HP DeskJet 3830 series folder in the way:

• C: \Program Files\HP
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\HP

4. Rename folder 3 in 3_old in the path below (a restart may be required):

• C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64.
  • C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86.

NOTE: If the file refuses this action do as follows:

• On the keyboard, tap the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  • Type net stop spooler, then press OK.
  • Rename the file.
  • Type net start spooler, then tap OK.

5. Launch a new the printer installation with the HP DeskJet 3830 series Full Software and Drivers.

Please inform if the issue is resolved!

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.