Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet P1102W CE657A
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Running on OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 over wifi network.

I have reviewed all of the posts on this subject and am still confused as to which is the latest firmware version.

The device indicates firmware version 20130703  which I had installed via LJP1100_P1560_P1600_FW_Update 20130703.dmg. The support page (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/411039...)  shows the latest firmware file as:

LJP1100_P1560_P1600_FW_Upgrade-20180302_signed.dmg

released May 15, 2019. The version indicates 20180302.

When I launched the HP firmware Upgrade Utility in that .dmg, it indicates that the firmware is the same version 20130703 as installed in the printer.

Why is this ? Is this the correct file for the latest version for the P1102W   ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@artpar, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The latest firmware update released for HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer is version 20180302 as available on HP Support site which was released on May 15, 2019 for macOS 10.13

Please install the same to keep the printer Up-to-date. Click here to download the same.

There could be a glitch on the HP firmware update utility which will be resolved soon.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Following the  procedure described below yielded the same result. The HP Firmware Upgrade Utility warns that the new firmware revision (20130703) is the same as in the printer. Continuing the update yields a success message, but the firmware revision remains the same. Powering the unit down and restarting has no effect.

FWIW - The HP Firmware Upgrade Utility in the archive file is marked with a creation date of Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 12:31 AM.

HP Recommended

The 2018 firmware is the newest that is available. The confusion about release date is that HP may have changed something in the archive file and therefore it changed the date that shows. This is not uncommon. This is an older, low end printer that is likely close to end of life so you will not see the number and frequency of updates that you see with newer products.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.