Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Wireless B109n
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I recently switched wifi provider and router but cannot get my printer to connect to the new wi-fi router and enable wireless printing.  So far I've tried the following:

- Switched everything off several times and restarted them in the sequence specified by HP (router, printer, computer)

- uninstalled and reinstalled the correct HP software via download from the HP website

- spent over an hour with an Apple support guy, but we couldn't make the computer recosnise the printer

- gone and bought a CD drive, attached it, uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled from the disk provided with the printer

- run the full set up

- been able to print using a cable

However I'm still unable to connect to the printer and print using wifi.  When I run the wireless network test it tells me that the network name has changed from the old wifi router to 'hpsetup'.

I cannot work out where to input the new information - network name, password etc - either in the setup or on the printer.  I've tried several time to activate the router to allow a device to join the network while pressing the push button on the WEP option.  When i try to use the PIN option the printer immediately displays the pin from the previous wifi network, and again is unable to join the new network.

HP - I started this at 9am and it's now 5pm - things should never be this hard...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally no full feature software is available for your printer for later OS versions, meaning no solution to connect teh pritner is offered.

You may use another computer such as Windows PC or n older OS X version to connect the printer.

If your router supports the WPS method, connect the printer using WPS as listed on page 5 of the manual below:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01894737

OtherwiseI may offer the following workaround to overcome a such manually:

1. Ensure the Wireless radio of the printer is enabled.
  2. Click the WiFi icon on your Mac and join the HPSETUP network.
  3. If a such not listed, click on Join other network, then click on Sow Networks and connect to HPSetup.
  4. Open Safari.
  5. Click Safari > Preferences and open the Advanced tab, check both of teh Bonjour checkbox at this screen, then click OK.
  6. From the Bookmarks menu select Bonjour > Printers and click your printer name.
  7. Open the Network or Wireless tab, within the Wireless Section look for Wireless or Wireless Setup Wizard and follow this screen to connect the printer to your router.
  8. Once done, reconnect the Mac to your home network and add the printer as Bonjour within Printers & Scanners.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally no full feature software is available for your printer for later OS versions, meaning no solution to connect teh pritner is offered.

You may use another computer such as Windows PC or n older OS X version to connect the printer.

If your router supports the WPS method, connect the printer using WPS as listed on page 5 of the manual below:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01894737

OtherwiseI may offer the following workaround to overcome a such manually:

1. Ensure the Wireless radio of the printer is enabled.
  2. Click the WiFi icon on your Mac and join the HPSETUP network.
  3. If a such not listed, click on Join other network, then click on Sow Networks and connect to HPSetup.
  4. Open Safari.
  5. Click Safari > Preferences and open the Advanced tab, check both of teh Bonjour checkbox at this screen, then click OK.
  6. From the Bookmarks menu select Bonjour > Printers and click your printer name.
  7. Open the Network or Wireless tab, within the Wireless Section look for Wireless or Wireless Setup Wizard and follow this screen to connect the printer to your router.
  8. Once done, reconnect the Mac to your home network and add the printer as Bonjour within Printers & Scanners.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Dear Shlomi,

Thank you very much for your post.  I've got as far as checking the Bonjour boxes in advanced settings, but then can't find an OK button to press to add them to the safari bookmarks.  Can you help me again?

Thanks,

Ginette

HP Recommended

Hi Ginette,

Once checking the Bonjour boxes, simlply click the top red X icon to close that window, that also confirm the changes.

Then follow the next steps to continue further.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.