Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am trying to get software and connect my Photosmart 7520 to my new Imac running Sierra OS 10.12)but I get a messagesaying no software or drivers are available.  Can this be right?  Do I have to get a new printer? Pretty disappointed if i do as it worked well with my old imac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Abbott1, Hope you are well!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

HP does have Photosmart 7520 printer drivers for MAC 10.12 Sierra.  Please go to http://hp.care/2bSoPKA to download and install the printer drivers for MAC Sierra.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Abbott1, Hope you are well!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

HP does have Photosmart 7520 printer drivers for MAC 10.12 Sierra.  Please go to http://hp.care/2bSoPKA to download and install the printer drivers for MAC Sierra.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you.  It looks as if this is a very new release so that explains why I couldn't find it.  All working well now.

HP Recommended

This does not work I just tried it. It desn't even list Sierra. 

HP Recommended

I am unable to print wirelessly anymore with my Macbook Pro running Sierra 10.12.  I have followed all instructions, when I do network test on computer I get 'no problems found, congrats on the successful setup of your wireless printer'.  All diagnostics passed, signal quality excellent, and yet the printer is still not seen from the computer.  

This printer has previously worked with no problems on this network.  I have had several weird issues, ie it wouldn't print from certain programs, but would from others, but now the only way to print is via usb cable.  

Please post any advancements or improvements to this problem.  Thank you,  Sue

HP Recommended

I have iMac running Sierra.  Since upgrading to Sierra my HP Photosmart 7520 will not scan or print.  Grrr!  I have spent many hours going all through the troubleshooting.  I have downloaded the driver mentioned in this Forum  ... all to no avail.  

Occasionally, in the print dialog box, it now says "Printing, waiting for printer to finish".  But nothing happens after waiting for ages, so I cancel the job, switch everything off and start again.  All to no avail.

Is the driver you specify right for Sierra, I wonder?

Help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.