01-13-2018 04:18 PM
We just purchased a new wireless router and are unable to connect the printer to the router. Help!
01-13-2018 04:44 PM
Replacing/reconnecting/changing your wireless router, try here.
* Reset your printer back to Network Defaults. Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect. Both can be accessed from the front panel or computer. If no front panel for configuration, you must use your Printer USB cable to connect. You can also try the WPS method if your router/printer supports this only if the Wizard or Printer USB cable is not available. Read your User Guide for info.
* Wireless printers only connect to the 2.4G band in your router. The router must have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different SSID name than your 5.0G SSID band in your router.
* Set router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’. Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.
* Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.
* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer.
Make and model of modem and router?
However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity. If this does not work, suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired.
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Hint: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual or on your printers HP Support Page. Remember, Google is your friend.