Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

As many people have said, this prescribed "solution" does NOT solve the problem. (I have tried it 3 times over 2 weeks)

The "wifi flow ..." messages restarted before the installer was finished with the installation!

(lest you don't believe me ...

default 22:53:31.137359 -0700           symptomsd     a wifi flow named com.hp.devicemonitor is ignored (directly reachable target)

default 22:53:31.909767 -0700           symptomsd     a wifi flow named com.hp.devicemonitor is ignored (directly reachable target)

default 22:53:31.962423 -0700           symptomsd     a wifi flow named com.hp.devicemonitor is ignored (directly reachable target)

default 22:53:35.717341 -0700           symptomsd     a wifi flow named com.hp.devicemonitor is ignored (directly reachable target)

default 22:53:36.087199 -0700           symptomsd     a wifi flow named com.hp.devicemonitor is ignored (directly reachable target)

default 22:53:36.973931 -0700           symptomsd     a wifi flow named com.hp.devicemonitor is ignored (directly reachable target)

etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Collierob,

You say "a clean OS install of MacHighSierra 10.13 (released last month) makes this go away."  Wouldn't you be way ahead to go ahead with that Solution?  Just sayin.

You also say that the printer/mac interface is fully functional.  Would that mean that the printer is fully functional.

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @collirob - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

Going through your post, I am not very sure about the issue that you are facing. To assist you better, I need to know the following details:

1) What is the product number or model number of your HP product? If unsure, please check: http://hp.care/2oPCMBG  

2) What is the operating system on your PC?

3) When exactly are you getting this error?

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.

The product name  is HP Officejet Pro 8600 / model number N911g  (2011)

Firmware CLP1CN1545AR patch V.16

If you are uncertain of the details of my issue, I will repeat them below.  Perhaps you were not able to review the rest of the posts in the thread that I joined OR perhaps HP closed the ongoing discussion as 'solved' although there was NO actual confirmation by a user that any of the HP suggestions actually worked ("clean all existing HP drivers, reinstall the current driver package from HP using Easy Install app").  From that history, you will discover that it this happens on lots of different HP inkjet printers running on very new Macs  (for instance, see forum 6204801).  You will also see the common recommendation which does not work (reinstall drivers).   I have repeated this several times over ~2 weeks

The common issue on all other reports in this thread is for HP printers running on new Mac OS systems:

My PC model/OS:   iMac (18,3  2017) running macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

The issue is that the Mac console continuously reports:

"symptomsd    a wifi flow named com.hp.devicemonitor is ignored (directly reachable target)"

In my case, this happens about every few seconds. 

I don't know IF or how this is affecting other processes, but when nothing else is going on, it can account for half of the messages on the console.   The printer/mac interface seems to be fully functional on this imac and on other macs / phones that can hit the printer it on the wifi interface.   So this is primarily an anoyance.   I used to have this printer directly connected to an older iMac by ethernet (and obviously had no wifi flows).

There is a rumor that a clean OS install of MacHighSierra 10.13 (released last month) makes this go away.  I'm not going to install a new OS to fix this 🙂  yet.   If HP feels this is is a Mac problem - OK.  But I would like HP to actually see this happen on a Mac and see their proposed solution fix it ... I don't feel that the solution works.

HP Recommended

Hello Collierob,

You say "a clean OS install of MacHighSierra 10.13 (released last month) makes this go away."  Wouldn't you be way ahead to go ahead with that Solution?  Just sayin.

You also say that the printer/mac interface is fully functional.  Would that mean that the printer is fully functional.

I am not an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I had to proceed with the new OS install (High Sierra 10.13.1), due to several unrelated issues, and this solved the "wifi flow issue".    I guess that qualifies as a Solution to an issue that neither HP or Apple recognized.   It's like solving a 'check engine' light by purchasing a new car.   onwards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.