Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a problem using the ID Copy function on the printer.

It was working fine before, but I've recently updated to FW 20180205 and now it's broken.

When I enter the menu and then press "Black" to start the copy I get this message: "Copying page 1"

The printer starts scanning but then nothing happens: I can only press Cancel to exit.

No scanning of the second page.

Does it work for you?

Anyone can please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ultra360

Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

I understand the copy function is not working after the firmware update.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

If the issue persists, perform NVRAM reset on the printer to fix this issue.

This will reset the printer to factory settings, I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same public post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ultra360

Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

I understand the copy function is not working after the firmware update.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

If the issue persists, perform NVRAM reset on the printer to fix this issue.

This will reset the printer to factory settings, I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same public post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello,
standard copy is working fine. I have a problem with ID copy but I will follow your steps tomorrow and let you know.
Thank you for your reply for now.
Cheers!
HP Recommended

@ltra360

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Yes, try the above mentioned steps when ever you find time.

These steps should fix the issue.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, select - "Accept as solution" And click on the purple thumbs up,

That said, have a Good Day & Good Luck!

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A power reset solved the problem.

Also checking for updates is now immediate. It was going forever with "Checking for updates..." message before and had to turn off the printer to be able to use it again.
Thank you very much!

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@ultra360

Thanks for the response.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.