Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 6700 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I changed the password on my WIFI of my desktop (Windows 10) but not the WIFI network name. 

I was unable to print - made sense to me because I had changed my password - so  I used my HP Officejet 6700 (Network) - HP Printer Assistant, I went to

HP Officejet 6700 (Network) Properties / Sharing / Network and Sharing Center / Bell 995 2 / Troubleshoot Problems / Network Adapter / WiFi

and then it displayed the screen
"Connect to Bell 995 automatically in the future"

"Currently windows is configured to connect to this network only when you choose to do so. The troubleshooter can update your settings to connect to this network automatically when it is in range.
To connect without changing your settings, skip this repair."

Because I needed to change my settings to the new password, I clicked "Apply this fix"

I then went in as administrator and followed all the steps under Network Adapter, but it failed to solve the problem.

At one point I went in to try to fix the port or delete the port and create a new one, but it would not let me because it said the port was configured incorrectly.

How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did you run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel to reconnect to your router with new password???

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did you run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel to reconnect to your router with new password???

HP Recommended

The wireless setup wizard worked! YES! 

First it worked after I followed the menus to the point where "Wireless Setup Wizard" was an option and clicked on it. I didn't even have to enter a password!

So I printed a document from my laptop without my doing anything special.

Then, however, I failed to print a document from my desktop.

But I persevered and tried again and noticed it was set to "HP Officejet 6700" and I thought, "I wonder if there's another printer definition in there?"  So I pulled down the menu and there were multiple definitions. So I chose "HP Officejet 6700 (Network)" and Voila! It printed.

Thanks a whole bunch for your help. 

Now if I could only get my monitor from freezing the screen when I'm not active and refusing to unlock it, my life would be perfect. But alas, that's ASUS's problem - not yours! I'll call them tomorrow morning.

Cheers and thanks,

Carl

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.