Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Hoping someone may be able to help with an infuriating intall issue I am having. Whenever I attempt to run the new driver package for Windows 8.1,  I am getting the following error;

"The system cannot find the file specified"

I have tried running the file as an administrator....no dice.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI there,

Did you want to try the software scrubber that we have developed to try to fix this problem?

Please Personnel Message me with an email address and I will email it to you.

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended
  • What version of Windows 8.1 are you using?
  • How did you arrive at theis version of Windows 8.1 (Upgrade [CD or Windows Store] or new install or Clean Install)?
  • What Printer were you trying to install?
  • What version of the HP Software were you trying to install and how did you get it? (Web download or CD)?
  • How is the PC connected to your Printer (Network or USB)?

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The answers to your questions are as follows;

-I am running the standard 64-bit version of Windows 8.1

-I arrived at this version of 8.1 via an upgrade of Windows 8 through the Windows Store

-I am trying to install the HP Photosmart D110a which stopped working after the upgrade to Windows 8.1 (previous versions of the HP Photosmart D110a software have been uninstalled)

-I am attempting to install PS_AIO_07_D110_140_408.exe as downloaded from the HP website.

-Printer is connected via network

Thanks again!!

HP Recommended

I think you may need to Uninstall the full software solution and then reinstall it.

Here is a document that talks about some of the problems that users face when upgradeing from Windows 8 to 8.1

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03955262

Good luck

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended
Uninstalled the full software solution as per the provided article. The same error persists...
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue. I would desperately appreciate a solution. I tried the solutions listed on the page you listed and neither were relevant - since they both require running the installer, and our problem is that the installer won't complete.

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue: After upgrading tot Windows 8.1 my HP Officejet Pro L7780 AiO only prints in mirror.

I have installed the full-feature software, but that did not help. There was no mention of drivers that had to be installed separately, so I assume they were included in the package.

I have not (yet) unistalled the HP software, as I had to do so often in the past years I did not (yet) feel up to it.

HP Recommended

I have been working on this problem in another thread.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/installer-setup-hangs-under-Windows-8-...

In this thread I have includued a Log collector (that may or may not run People have had varying results) and also instructions on where the install logs are written so that people can collect logs together and then send me a personel message and I will reply to them with an email address to send these logs to.

Please take a look in the other thread and see if this will help you out and maybe you can send me some logs and we can work out what is happening with these installs and upgrades.

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I believe I fixed this. I turned off my antivirus program (I forget if it's Norton or McAfee, it came installed on this Dell laptop) - I assume that turning off the "auto-scan" feature was what mattered. After that, the D110 software installed without a hitch, and I was able to scan documents.

Hope this helps someone!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to quickly thank everyone participating in this thread for their suggestions. Tried deactivating my Anti-Virus program and...sadly...there is no change. I will review the the other discussion and submit any relevant logs.

I will be sure to share whatever I can once this problem is resolved.

Thanks again everyone!! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.