Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i need that software scrubber man please

HP Recommended

please i need ur help send me the scrubber [edited personally identifiable information] i'll apreciate that!! thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Thank you for participating in the HP Support Forum.

To protect HP Support Forum participants, our terms of use policy stipulates that you not publicly share your personal information, including but not limited to full names, email addresses and product serial numbers. Although it is also recommended that you not share this information privately, if you wish to exchange information with a specific community member, you might consider doing so in a Private Message (PM). Please refer to "How to Check Your Private Messages" for information on how to use this function.

Respectfully,

eric-g

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

I was hoping to resolve the issue with installing the software for the HP D110a with my new laptop that uses windows 8.1, can you help me with the "scrubber" - not sure what it is or does and how to use it, but if it works and saves me buying a new printer I would be greatly appreciative.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have a new ultrabook too when my printer drive failed and I tried re-download the driver....which ended up with me getting the error msg. Anyway, I finally resolved my situation by a) having ALL my files (emails etc etc) transfered to a portable hard drive b) I then reset my computer to as NEW condition ie in default new state C) then RE-LOAD ALL THE DRIVERS & My PROGRAMMES.  This works fine  - when I reload the HP driver again after re-setting my computer it loaded without problem. I do not have to buy a new printer  - and if I do, because of the problem, I would not choose a HP printer again.

HP Recommended

Finally I was able to solve the driver problem. I just needed to delete the file hpoins46.dat at the windows directory and then I turned off the mcaffe antivirus and then I was able to install the software.

You can find more information about this in the link bellow, it's in portuguese but solved my problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04250748

Thanks

Rodrigo Faria

HP Recommended

how do i get the scrubber to solve my problem

HP Recommended

Here is the English version of the Fix document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04206080

In addition to the details in this document I would recommend TURNING OFF REALTIME SCANNING when you have MCAFFEE LIVESAFE 2014 installed.

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended
Thank you for replying, however, I couldn't find either the hpoins*.dat file or hpwins*.dat file, I did try installing it with turning off both the firewall and the real-time scanning and that worked (too bad the girl that spent 2 days trying to fix this for me didn't know that...we turned off the firewall, but not the real-time scanning. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! Heather
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am getting the same message that the file cannot be found when installing the drivers and software for the  HP Photosmart d110b. I have installed all updates on Windows 8.1 and I am installing from PS_AIO_07_D110_140_408.exe. I ran the Disk Cleanup utility to remove temp files but still not working, I tried following some other steps I have seen in the HP forums but they have not resolved the problem. I am looking forward to trying the software scrubber that I have read about in this thread. 

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.