Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
D110 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I called tech support-got overseas service center with heavy accent. Basically they did all the same stuff I did with troubleshooting. Their solution was for me to buy new HP cartridges or they could "fix" it for a small service fee- B.S.! I've been using this printer just fine with these generic printer cartridges from staples for years and still have a good supply of them to last for several more years. I want to know where I can go to get the HP patch to remove the "security feature" that blocks non-HP cartridges. If I have to buy new cartrdges to get my printer to work again- I will burn it and never get another HP product again. This is B.S. holding consumers hostage like this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Make sure you buy you 3rd part cartridges from a company that guarantees 100% money back for any issues. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This Post pertains to the following OfficeJet products listed in the following table that has new firmware that disables the cartridge security affecting cartridges using Non-HP security chips.  If your printer is not listed here, it is not affected.

See here.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Dedicated-to-the-best-printing-experience/m-p/5783870/h...

Product series    Compatible Inkjet Cartridges    Firmware Availability Date
OfficeJet Pro 6230 series    HP 934 and HP 935    12-Oct
OfficeJet 6810/6820 series    HP 934 and HP 935    12-Oct
OfficeJet Pro 6830 series    HP 934 and HP 935    12-Oct
OfficeJet Pro 8610/8615/8616/8620/8625/8630/8640/8660 series    HP 950 and HP 951    12-Oct
OfficeJet Pro X451dn/dw, X476dn/dw, X551dw, X576dw    HP 970 and HP 971    17-Oct

The optional firmware update to remove dynamic security is now available. For more information and direct links to the firmware updates, see Dynamic Security Feature Affecting Use of Non-HP Cartridges here.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05308850

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link- I did find that previously and went through the list my D110 series printer was not on the list....BUT...several other printers that I also used at work (offsite) were. I uninstalled ALL my printers last night and just installed the D110 because thats all I need at the house / shop. I'm still getting the same cartridge error message. Are there any other possible solutions beside cartridge replacement?

HP Recommended

Make sure you buy you 3rd part cartridges from a company that guarantees 100% money back for any issues. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.