Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Had to reinstall my HP F4400.  Have tried all the described solutions and nothing works...it will not install.  It always fails trying to install HP Solutions Center.  In all the time I have had this printer, can't remember ever even using it.  Do I really need it? Can I uninstall it?  Can I replace it with HP Printer Assistant?  Actually, do I really need either of them?

Thx,

Wayne

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @Waynel49

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to install HP Solution Center. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for doing a lot of research and trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know the procedure you are following to install the printer software? 

Are you trying to install the printer software from the printer disc or by downloading it from HP website?

As you are aware, HP Solution Center is discontinued and is replaced with HP Printer Assistant. Click here to know more. 

Using Solution Center, customers could scan documents and perform other maintenance tasks on the printer. 

All the features are included in the Printer Assistant now. 

Recommend you follow the exact procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer software and settings and install it back by downloading the latest full feature software from www.hp.com/drivers

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed from the Control panel.

(Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for you response, but it really doesn't answer my question...

"DO I Really need HP Solution Center...?"

If it has been fased out, where can I get the replacement?

BTW, have tried all the things you mentioned, nothing works.

Thanks,

Wayne

HP Recommended

@Waynel49

Hi,

as @Chimney_83 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

The HP Solution Center was mostly a part of the full featured drivers/software for older printers. Nowadays the HP solution center may or may not be bundled with the full featured drivers/software for the printer.

If you have already installed the full featured drivers and then solution center is missing then it means that it is not part of the drivers/software. Instead, when you install the full featured drivers for your printer, the printer icon will appear on the computer screen. You may double click on this icon. It will offer you options more or less like the HP Solution center (like checking ink levels, scan options, etc.)

If the full featured drivers are not yet installed then they can be downloaded and installed from this link.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to reply for any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, but it is now obvious to me that there's no way to get an answer to my question...

Guess I'll try somewhere else.

Thx,

Wayne

HP Recommended

Hi @Waynel49
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Dear Rainbow23... et al;

I want to thank everyone for their replys, however...

My initial question was, which to date has not been answerd...

DO I Really need HP Solution Center...?

I embarked on this journey because I was having trouble printing landscape.  Several suggestions, included uninstalling everything (including wiping the driectories) and reinstalling the software were made.  That's when the "Solutions Center" issue started.  I have since found a solution to the landscape issue here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Landscape-Printing-Doesn-t-work-anymore/m-p/465347#M24...

btw, currently my printer prints OK, so if I don't need "Solutions Center" then I don't care if it installs.

Thanks

Wayne

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.