Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was using my printer just fine until a new router was installed and now it will not download the drivers which I already had.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MAIZEKID

Note: Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

Connect the printer and the computer to the same network and try to print.

If the issue persists, restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch and slide your finger across the screen, touch Setup, and then touch Network Setup.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

3. Touch OK.

4. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel display to set up wireless communication.

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Once the printer and computer are connected try to print.

If the issue persists, use HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
  3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
    • If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
    • If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
  4. Depending on the problem, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
  5. Test results are displayed with icons:

A checkmark means your printer passed.

A wrench means a problem was found and fixed.

An exclamation mark means a test failed and was skipped.

An X means the printer has a problem. Follow the instructions to fix it.

6. HP Print and Scan Doctor shortcut is installed on your desktop.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.