Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (62 Views)

DeskJet 3630 printer - Information light flashing

Product Name: HP DeskJet 3630

Sorry but not much to go on.  I have a HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-one Printer series.

I have installed the software on two laptops (1) OS Windows 7 (2) Windows 10.  When installing on Windows 10 I get the message that "Unknown error" has occurred and to check the printer.  The  Information light on the printer is flashing but when I print the information page it does not give me any indication of what is wrong, although it does say the printer is not connected to the internet which at present is not an issue.  Are there any diagnostic tools I can use, as the HP support page does not appear to have this issue listed

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (30 Views)

Re: DeskJet 3630 printer - Information light flashing

@JoR3

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP DeskJet 3630 Printer. I understand that you are unable to install printer software and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well.

Uninstall the printer software and install the printer with windows built in drivers.

Watch this YouTube video to uninstall the printer software.

You can also refer this document for more steps.

Install the printer with windows builtin driver.

You can refer this YouTube video to install the printer.

For more steps refer this HP Document.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation