Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (215 Views)

Deskjet 3050 compatablity w/ Mac Sierra OS

Product Name: Deskjet 3050 J610
Operating System: macOS 10.12 Sierra

Am having trouble finding the appropriate driver(s) that would allow me to use my printer with Mac Sierra.  Right now I can't communicate with the printer, either wired or wirelessly.  Are they compatible?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (187 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 compatablity w/ Mac Sierra OS

Hi @BTJJR,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having issues with the DeskJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I recommend you to perform the following steps as a workaround:

• I did some research and found that for this printer there are no full-featured drivers available for Mac Sierra.
  • However, in an Apple update there are inbuilt print and scan drivers available for this printer model. Please follow the below steps to install the Mac inbuilt printer drivers.
  • Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed Deskjet 3050 J610 series.
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the Deskjet 3050 J610 series from the list.
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Post performing the above steps, you may try to use the Apple Image capture and test the scanning. I hope this information helps.

For more assistance, please use this link: HP Printers - How to Scan from the Computer (Mac)

Let me know if you have any questions. Take care!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (140 Views)

I made some progress but am still unable to print.  At least my computer seems to "see" the printer now (when connected via USB, at least).  But when I try to print, the task seems to "hang up" in the print queue at, say, 33% or 42%.  I really don't have the time to devote to this anymore, but if there is a little trick that I'm missing I'm willing to give it a try.  Thanks.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (131 Views)

Hi @BTJJR,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer wherein the print jobs get stuck in the queue.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

This issue could occur if the print drivers are not configured properly.

And here are a few steps in the link to reset the printing system: Resetting the Printing System (Mac) 

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (116 Views)

Nope.  I reset the print system, now the computer no longer "sees" the printer.  Thanks anyway.

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (112 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @BTJJR,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers by following the steps in the links below:

1. Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

2. Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation