09-12-2017 04:02 PM
Am having trouble finding the appropriate driver(s) that would allow me to use my printer with Mac Sierra. Right now I can't communicate with the printer, either wired or wirelessly. Are they compatible?
09-13-2017 05:07 PM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!
I understand you are having issues with the DeskJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.
I recommend you to perform the following steps as a workaround:
- I did some research and found that for this printer there are no full-featured drivers available for Mac Sierra.
- However, in an Apple update there are inbuilt print and scan drivers available for this printer model. Please follow the below steps to install the Mac inbuilt printer drivers.
- Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z
- From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
- Click the Plus sign.
- Select the listed Deskjet 3050 J610 series.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
- Select the Deskjet 3050 J610 series from the list.
- Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.
Post performing the above steps, you may try to use the Apple Image capture and test the scanning. I hope this information helps.
For more assistance, please use this link: HP Printers - How to Scan from the Computer (Mac)
Let me know if you have any questions. Take care!
I am an HP Employee