Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3720
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi there!

My Deskjet 3720 doesn't print very well, colors are faint and ink cartridges are ok,

so I was trying to do the Clean Smear or Clean Printhead and this is the result message:

Communication between the browser and the printer has been lost.

To reconnect, make sure:

- The computer and the printer are on the same network.

- The printer's IP address is correct. Open a new browser window, and then enter the printer's IP address.

Tip: To obtain the printer's IP address, print the network configuration page. Also, you might be able to view the IP address from the printer's display. For more information, see the documentation provided with the printer.

The printer connection is ok, it prints ok but as I said colors are faint.

I restarted the Mac but issue still there.

Thanks for the support

Nezecus

Antonino Eze Cuscinà
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nezecus

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

Resetting the printer network settings and reconnecting the printer to you home WiFi should clear the communication error. Here is how to do it:

1.) On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This steps will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

2.) Download and run HP Easy start from here.

3.) Follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to your home wireless network.

Once the printer is connected, try to start the automated cleaning.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.