Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
deskjet 6122
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a deskjet 6211 printer.  It does print using the driver for 990c but it doesn't recognize the HP PT3447 250-sheet plain paper tray I have the printer setting on.  The tray works in tandem with standard paper trays. How to I set up the 990c to see the second try>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (the one with the included extra tray) driver can be downloaded from HP here.  Download the driver, then run the installation program.  When given the choice of how the printer go to the Devices and Printers will be connected select "I will install the printer later".  Let the installer install the driver, then go to the Devices and Printers folder and the HP Officejet Pro 8600 should show up in the list.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am not sure this will work, but it is worth trying.  Change the driver for the Deskjet 6122 to the Officejet Pro 8600.  After installing the driver right click on the printer, Printer Properties,  Decive Settings, Installable OPtions, Tray 2: Installed, Apply, OK.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Do you mean the HP Officejet Pro K8600 Series?  It is the only one I can find with those numbers.

HP Recommended

The Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (the one with the included extra tray) driver can be downloaded from HP here.  Download the driver, then run the installation program.  When given the choice of how the printer go to the Devices and Printers will be connected select "I will install the printer later".  Let the installer install the driver, then go to the Devices and Printers folder and the HP Officejet Pro 8600 should show up in the list.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.