Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been told by the HP deskjet support that HP does not plan on providing a windows 7 driver for the 880c.  Number 1 can that be changed - it's such a waste of resources?  Number 2, does anyone know of a 3rd party driver or a work around solution.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

CaptTom wrote:
I downloaded the windows 7 update and still can't get it to find a driver for 882c.  I'm new to 7 so I'm having a little trouble with it.  How do I get the 882c driver?

Let's do this in two parts - first go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local port, LPT1:, when the list comes up check for HP Deskjet 882c.  If the Deskjet 882c is not in the list then click on Windows Update.  After a few minutes the list will be repopulated and the Deskjet 882 should now be available.

dj882.png

Select the Deskjet 882c, and then proceed with step 2 #9 here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Coach_Jay wrote:

I've been told by the HP deskjet support that HP does not plan on providing a windows 7 driver for the 880c.  Number 1 can that be changed - it's such a waste of resources?  Number 2, does anyone know of a 3rd party driver or a work around solution.

There is a driver included in the OS (or perhaps through Windows Update) for the Deskjet 882c which is the same printer as the 880c.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
I downloaded the windows 7 update and still can't get it to find a driver for 882c.  I'm new to 7 so I'm having a little trouble with it.  How do I get the 882c driver?
HP Recommended

CaptTom wrote:

Let's do this in two parts - first go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local port, LPT1:, when the list comes up check for HP Deskjet 882c.  If the Deskjet 882c is not in the list then click on Windows Update.  After a few minutes the list will be repopulated and the Deskjet 882 should now be available.

dj882.png

Select the Deskjet 882c, and then proceed with step 2 #9 here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Worked, Thanks

Now if I could just find the KUDOS button I'd be in great shape.

HP Recommended

@CaptTom wrote:

Worked, Thanks

Now if I could just find the KUDOS button I'd be in great shape.

I am glad you got things to work.

Kudos are now available from the black and white star on the left under the user's icon.  Click on the star, not the number.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hello, great information, but I need to download the driver to install it on an offline computer at home. I´m do not have internet at home.

Any Idea?? Thanks in advance!

Luis

HP Recommended

Download the Deskjet 882c drivers from the Windows Catalog site here.  You will need to use Internet Explorer and will need to check the choices given to find the proper architecture (32 bit, x64 or IA 64) and choses the proper driver.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

OK, I have another variation on this problem that I can't work out.  My DeskJet 880C is installed by USB to a Windows XP box and shared.  So now I want my Windows 7 laptop to print though it.  I can connect to it, but Window 7 tells me it doesn't have  a driver for it, click OK to locate the driver.  It wants and .inf file, but I don't have one for the 882C.  It does not let me select from installed print drivers like I can if installing the printer locally.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

HP Recommended

@rmurchshafer wrote:

OK, I have another variation on this problem that I can't work out.  My DeskJet 880C is installed by USB to a Windows XP box and shared.  So now I want my Windows 7 laptop to print though it.  I can connect to it, but Window 7 tells me it doesn't have  a driver for it, click OK to locate the driver.  It wants and .inf file, but I don't have one for the 882C.  It does not let me select from installed print drivers like I can if installing the printer locally.  Any ideas?

Try the following:  go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local Printer,  Create a Port, Local Port, \\XPComputer\printername  (use the actual share name for the computer and printer), Next, then click on Windows Update and then select HP Deskjet 882c.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.