Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 4675 Ink Advantage Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP 4675 Deskjet printer has been operating very satisfactory in the Windows 10 environment until the Windows 10 July update.

Following installation of that update both printing and scanning functions are dysfunctional and re-installation is effective only until the computer is powered off - on restart problems return.

It would appear as if the HP drivers and software have been made redundant by the Windows 10 update.

Any advice will be appreciated

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi! @barryGB

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Does the issue persist when you make a colour copy from the printer?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Are you using HP genuine ink cartridges?

Replace any low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on the printer.

Clean the ink cartridges

Print a print quality test page and check if the issue persists.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report from the printer control panel, and then evaluate the results.

1. Load the printer with plain white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

Print Quality Diagnostic report without defects

Uninstall and reinstall the printer software from the root level on the PC and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features. 
Select your HP printer. 
Select Uninstall. 
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. 
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.” 
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click OK. 
Click on Drivers tab. 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom. 
Select OK. 
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows. 
Close Devices and Printers. 

Update the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about print quality issues with the printer. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi A4Apollo,

Thanks for the response.

The printer copies color prints without problem.

The first attempt to solve the  problem was to clean and check the HP color cartridge and when that did not produce results

I tried all the solutions prescribed by the HP website and the print and scan doctor to repair the printer color ability.

My focus was on removing the printer, uninstalling the reinstalling Deskjet 4670 Full WebPack software.

I will repeat the process as you recommend and apply the EN 5000 webpack and get back to you with results

Have a great day

HP Recommended

Hi! @barryGB,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Please try the steps recommended at your leisure and write back to us if you have any concerns.

Also, if you still have issues try installing basic printer drivers and check if it helps. 

Update the printer basic drivers using this link. Click Here

Lastly, try running HP print and scan doctor on the PC.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP print and scan doctor. Click Here

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi A4Apollo,

I performed the re-installation as prescribed applying the EN5000 full webpack download. The installer could not match the program with the DJ4670 series printer. Consequently I downloaded the HPEasyStart_10_0_4029_14 Installer package, removed the printer, un-installed the DJ4670 program (again), checked the installed drivers and installed again using the EasyStart installer which downloaded and installed the DJ4670 and connected the printer and Laptop via the wifi network without any hassles. Result is however still no color printing function.

My gut feel is that somehow the Win10 updates installed drivers that are disabling the DJ4675 for color printing - it worked very efficiently for 3 years until the latest Win10 update!

HP Recommended

Hi A4Pollo

Thanks for responding again 😊

I downloaded and installed the DJ4670_Basicx64_40.11.1122_2  updated drivers package as recommended.

Still no color printing ability.🤔

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP PCL 6 and have experienced the same issue.

The printer is installed as a network printer and can be accessed from several computers here.

After the latest Windows 10 update (some days ago) the updated computer can see / ping and get information about the printer (from the HP Printer Assistant) but cannot print or scan.

The other computers (running other OS's) are fine as usual. I actually have to access them to print anything :-(.

I have updated print drivers & software several times but the printer remains impervious to any print or scan request.

One can begin to naturally assume (because of the isolated case of the updated Windows 10 computer) something in the update has upset something quite deep in the print and scan workflow?

BTW, we can still print wirelessly as well.

So agree with you BarryGB 100%, something between the latest windows 10 and the current print driver (or other interfaces) does not stack up.

Please HP nerds get on this as quick as possible ('nerds' used in the best possible reference, of course) 🙂 

HP Recommended

Hi! @ScottRoo, @barryGB,

Try creating a new user account on the PC and install the full feature printer software and try printing again.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

* Open Control Panel, go to Devices and printers.
* Right-click on the specific printer with issue, and select Properties from the menu.
* Go to the Device Settings tab, scroll down to the Device Type option, click on its drop-down menu, and change from Auto Detect to Color. Then click Apply > OK button to take effect.

Hope this works!

Take Care!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi A4Apollo, @ScotRoo

Thanks for replying

The recommendation to reset Auto Detect to Color in Device Settings tab is not possible for the DJ 4670 installation as shown below.

clipboard_image_0.png

Situation is still unchanged after several/many device removals, software un-installations and reinstalling every possible available DJ4670 software update.

My experience and gut feel still points to changed Windows 10 operating system variables

HP Recommended

Hi! @barryGB,

Try installing windows built in drivers and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about installing windows built-in drivers. Click Here

Take Care!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.