10-10-2019 08:31 AM
Having installed and ran the EasyStart wizard for installing drivers and software for macOS Catalina and got an error message saying "we're unable to found the appropriate software for your product". I finally ended up installing the drivers for the device through the AirPrint services from the preferences prefpane until the full feature software becomes available.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-13-2019 09:10 AM
@JC1002, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Restart the devices-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Restart the computer.
Uninstall the existing software on your computer, follow steps from the document HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac). Download and install the full-featured software from here.
Also, Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.
For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee