Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

JEJ 1602

Thank you for your invitation to return continuing the positive endeavors to achieve a solution to the omissions in my Envy 5030 All in One  Printer.

Following your suggestion to consider configuring Airprint, Before installation,  I did consider using a wireless connection. But as the printer is permanently located within a metre of Laptop, and having no current or foreseeable practical use for wireless Airprint features, the option available of  a USB connection is very much preferred. This s successfully providing many of the required -  but with some missing important - features.

However, I did look at the guidance on HP Customer Support – Knowledge Base, particularly for using HP Utility Software Airprint , changing from a USB. In attempting to access this Utility, clicking the HP Smart icon did not lead to HP Utility as indicated it should. This opens only  a window illustrating a photo of Printer and Estimated Ink Levels (See Screenshot. )

This HP Utility is also referred to in the Online Manual p50 - Chapter 8 Printer Management tools -  which  notes that  “…this Utility contains tools to essentially configure print, Scan settings etc.

As such this is a important basic feature, frequently referred to which, in addition to others, is also missing in my Printing facilities.

In the online Manual -  “ Print”  guidance and  “How to set Options “ I have no “ Show Details “ button to access “ Set Options “  as shown on some of screenshots in your emails. ( See screenshot for my window content ). Accessing  “ Set Options “  and such as able to increase Quality ( dpi ) would be personally very useful.

Your successful use of the several screens illustrating your email advice,

and my inability to access these on my laptop, is it possible that my HP Envy 5030 Model specification and  “ System  Set up “, detailed on a previous email, does not provide for accessing the same screens which appear to provide the solution.

On several “ Guidance “ screens I see that several different Printer Models are used on these  - Deskjet 3630, Officejet Pro 6970 , Officejet Pro 8600 HP Deskjet 3630 Series … Would this have any relevance to the Envy 5030 lack of access to the required screens.

As the Windows recent Update 15.3.19 for HP Print and Scan Doctor - is there one for Mac which could help diagnose.

I am disappointed that in my objective to have the use of a more modern printer, updating from my previous HP All in One J5780 model, I seem to have taken a retrograde step in the absence of several personally useful features in the Envy 5030

Although in my pre Purchase research questions, it was confirmed that my OS Mojave 10.14.3. was supported by the Envy 5030, and to a considerable extent does provide many facilities For Print, Scan and Copy, it seems that certain useful features are just not available.

Have any similar situations of “ missing “ elements using this HP Smart v3 with Envy 5030 Pinter been reported to HP for help, or if not, perhaps a more fundamental “ Set up “ correction is required for mine.

Is there any other appropriate  “ version “ for my installed HP Smart v3 – having no HP Utility feature - or  perhaps  a “ patch” available, which would provide access as by such as your screens, to achieve the useful / required features and importantly, a solution. or indeed if any other software /installation  can be available from HP. 

Again my sincere thanks for your continuing help, it is appreciated.Screenshot HP Smart in Apps.2019-03-11 at 13.08.26.pngManual  How to set print options for Mac 11.03.192019-03-11 at 10.22.02.png

HP Recommended

@dtc39

Appreciate your efforts in trying to research on the issue and letting us know about the options that you've already tried.

The HP Envy 5030 printer is compatible with Mac 10.14OS (Mojave). Though the AirPrint drivers allow you to scan and print, it does not provide you with the HP utility option.

You can download the HP Utility from here 

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Screenshot 2019-03-20 at 15.40.16.pngClicking on the link to Download placed the icon in the Download File. But when clicking to activate, the above window aoppeared. Tried 3/4times but with same result.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@dtc39

Restart the computer and try again. If it still doesn't work, try a different browser.

Alternatively, use this link ftp://fftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printe...

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ 1602

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have to be away from my Laptop for a couple of weeks, but am keen to continue with such as your Browser suggestion on my return.

I have however tried clicking the link “ here“, in your email, which resulted in the Screenshot attached.  Using the more detailed alternative link ended in a blank screen.

In anticipation of my further endeavours, as Airprint drivers are referred to in your email which “ …. allow you to scan and print, it does not provide you with the HPUtility option…”..

could I confirm that as my connection is by USB cable having decided not to install Airprint, does this change the relevance / use to my “ set up “ of the links you have provided ?

If I can access using a different browser, will this Utility be located internally in the HP Smart icon in Applications, as noted in the Printer Manual and other Knowledge Base guidance, or identified by an additional separate icon.

It is interesting that the “ missing “ HP Utility / features as accessed on your guidance screens, but using other printer models, is from your suggested link indeed available, although not as an integral part of the the HP Smart v3  installation “ content “ I have. Has this been removed from the HP Envy 5030 but remains for the other printer models noted. I am very much hoping that I can successfully download the Utility facility referenced, either as an integral part of the HP Smart or as a separate icon.

Thanks again for your patient and continuing help, it is appreciated.

Screenshot Safari not open page  HPEnvy for link to Utility 21.3.19.pngScreenshot Safari not open page  HPEnvy for link to Utility 21.3.19.png

HP Recommended

@dtc39

I've tried using the link on my end and it seems to be a valid one.

There must be some browser issues, try using a different browser.

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ 1602

Now able to continue looking into the “ absence “ of several facilities following the transfer from my previous HP J5780 to HP envy 5030, I have chanced on what seems to be the cause of my situation. In the event others may have the same installation error as I seem to have created, advising you of the apparent cause of my not being successful might be helpful in you advising others.

Especially perhaps the apparent error in the first element of the link address sent to me to provide a download which could have been useful, but I was not able to download ,  as  a Safari  window advised as detailed the attached Screenshot

Revisiting several of the Print facility screens, copies I sent as screenshots, I noticed in the top box of one that the window labeled  “ Printer “, was  entered as HP Envy 5000 series. In checking this window previously, I had always accepted this as correct for the installation of my Printer ( not as I am now aware is just for a “ Printer Name “ ) .

However I then noticed lower down the same window, the box labeled “ Kind “ had “ Generic PCL Laserjet….”  entered. Opening the Options available for this , it was clear that the HP Envy 5000 description was the correct “ Kind “ not the “ Generic…. ‘ choice !!

I uninstalled the Printer and reinstalled ensuring the correct “ Kind “ was HP Envy 5030 was entered !!

All the facilities I had with the HPJ5780 were then available and more !

Regarding the link address which Safari failed to activate, the first element / s  are not recognised as part of any valid address. Perhaps this could be checked as if my assumption may be correct, others using this link might have the same difficulties in using.

As my difficulties hopefully appear to be resolved, I wanted to sincerely thank you for your support and to let you know how these were solved - together with the Safari link address, - in the event , hopefully unlikely,  that others may ask for your help having created the same error as myself !!

David Cotterell  Screenshot Safari not open page  HPEnvy for link to Utility 21.3.19.pngScreenshot Safari cannot dpwnload.this item 019-03-20 at 15.40.16.png

HP Recommended

@dtc39

Thanks for the update and glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Do reach us back in case you need any assistance in the future.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.