Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 23 (1,663 Views)

Does HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 work with Windows Vista 64-bit system?

Product Name: HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

New HP OfficeJet Pro 6968. Install wizard works w/ my Windows 7 system, but apparently won't install on wife's 64-bit Windows Vista system. Product data states "32-bit only," which distinction I didn't see when I purchased a few days ago. Must I replace w/ one that supports 64-bit Vista?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 23 (1,654 Views)

Re: Does HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 work with Windows Vista 64-bit system?

Hi,

Have you tried the following package ? Please download and install it:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj6960/OJ6960_Full_WebPack_1964.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 23 (1,472 Views)

I tried the link... Error 404 not found. Is there a new location?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 23 (1,458 Views)

@dtierce, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you get Error 404 while installing the software of your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you to install the basic drivers from the link: Basic Driver

Also, you may update the firmware from the link: http://hp.care/2i89eeC

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 5 of 23 (1,453 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Rainbow23, Thankyou for your warm welcome.

The link you provided (Basic Driver) does not list Vista 64-bit in the supported operating systems. It only lists the 32-bit version. I have tried to install this driver anyway and it refused to install because the software perceived an incompatibility in supported operating systems.

The link provided in the earlier posting promised to support vista 64-bit. Since that link is broken (404 Not Found), I was inquiring about a correction to that link.

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 23 (1,434 Views)

@dtierce, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

The link that you mentioned is no longer available.

You may install the windows built-in drivers from this link: Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Let me know if this works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 7 of 23 (1,412 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Rainbow23, Thankyou for your assistance.

I have attempted to install the Windows "built-in" generic printer drivers without success. I'll try again tomorrow and update this post.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 23 (1,397 Views)

Thanks for the reply, please do try again and revert for further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 9 of 23 (1,392 Views)

Re: Does HP OfficeJet Pro 6962 work with Windows Vista 64-bit system?

[ Edited ]

I got to "Step #3 - Add a Printer Wizard" where I attempted the wireless Windows Vista connection.

The "add" wizard successfully connected to the printer.

That took me all the way to sub-step 12 under step 3. It then asks to identify the manufacturer and model of printer (HP/OfficeJet 6962).

The printer model of "OfficeJet 6960 Series" is absent from this list. I tried the "Windows Update" button which seemed to hang the wizard. The "Have Disk" button just leads back to the HP website because the driver is not on the disk.

I tried different paths through the wizard, but they all seem to hit the same obstacle.

HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 23 (1,384 Views)

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested step. 

Recommend you to select Deskjet 990c when the computer prompts you to select the printer from the list. This should help you get the printer running correctly. 

Keep me posted. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation