Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Since moving home and resetting up my printer and onto my new Mac I do not have a double sided print option. I have loaded HP software onto my Mac but this hasn't resolved the problem. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@HAS74, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Which version of macOS is installed?

Which application are you trying to print from?

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My printer is HP Deskjet 2632, I am using MACos Mojave 10.14.6 and I am using Pages to print from.

It makes no difference when I print as a Word document as the double sided option is still not available.

Any suggestions appreciated.

HP Recommended

@HAS74, thank you for the information. This printer does not support auto-duplex printing. You will have to manually flip the paper.

HP DeskJet 2632 All-in-One Printer is AirPrint compatible. Install the printer using AirPrint driver

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Check the print settings on MAC for 2 sided printing.

Refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have followed your links. The HP firmware stated there was no firmware to update. 

I have changed my printer to AirPrint.

When I go to print from the HP app or from the doc app itself, with the doc as a PDF. I am still not able to choose layout as 2 sided.

Not sure where I am going wrong.

Please advise. Thanks

HP Recommended

@HAS74

Thank you for the response. As mentioned in this document which was attached in my previous post, this printer does not support automatic 2 sided printing. Hence, you do not see the option available on the software.

Select Paper Handling from the unnamed menu at the center of the window, and then select Odd Only from the Pages to Print menu.

Select Odd Only pages to print

Select page order as Automatic.

Click Print.

When all the pages are printed, remove any remaining unprinted paper from the input tray, and then continue to the next step.

To print the other side, choose if you want to read the document like a booklet or like a tablet, reload the pages in the input tray, and then set up the print job in the software.

1. Decide if you want to read the two-sided document like a booklet (flip pages along the long edge) or like a tablet (flip pages on the short top edge).

1. Booklet style

2. Tablet style

2. Remove the first side pages from the output tray, tap the stack on a flat surface to align the pages, and then load them into the input tray.

• For booklet reading, flip the pages over so that the printed side is facing down and load them top edge down.

• For tablet reading, flip the pages over so that the printed side is facing down and load them top edge up.

Paper orientation for duplexing booklet style

3. Return to the Print menu in the document, and then select Even Only from the Pages to Print menu.

4. Select Automatic from the Page Order menu.

5. Click Print.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.