Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 2575
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have put an SSD disk in my Lenovo laptop and installed windows 10 PRO.  Everything is working fine, except the printer (Photosmart 2575).  I have installed the software comming from this site  (HP Blog).

It is possible to install the software.  The software is able to find my printer on my home-network (i had plugged in the network cable to the router).  But in the step after that, it fails.  Can you please help me on how to proceed ? 

It is/must be possible to install this, because my children are using this printer on their laptop, running win10.

Many thanks and kind regards, 

Pieter 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PieterDV,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted the drivers for your HP Photosmart 2575 All-in-One Printer.

As this is an old printer, you need to install the built-in drivers from Windows 10 operating system.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to install the drivers: Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,  Many thanks for your answer.  

This worked!  🙂  After your procedure I have runned the HP driver software & also with success!  😉

Thanks.

..This printer is maybe older.. but comming from a period that printers were build to do a 'normal' lifetime.

HP Recommended

Hi @PieterDV,

I reviewed the post. Great that it worked. As @Rainbow23 is out of office, I am responding on his behalf.  In that case, please ensure that the previous post of @Rainbow23 is marked as an accepted solution and also given a Kudos for his efforts to help as it will help several others to get the issue resolved.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

with the last update , in august  2017 w10  my 2575 don't run scanner and software.

I test the solution on this page but nothing.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

You may need to uninstall any previous installations of the software you have.

Have a look at this thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/HP-Photosmart-2575-All-in-One-printer-dri...

If you have connected the printer via usb cable to your computer then remove the cable first, start running the software, and it will prompt you to connect the device via usb at a given point in the installation.

There's 2 ways of installing. One is assuming you will keep usb cable in whenever you want to use the printer/scanner, the other is for using wirelessly.  You need to select the correct option if using wireless otherwise it will not work via wireless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.