Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6000
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am trying to set up my Officejet 6000 as a wireless printer on my 2011 Mac Laptop. (OS 10.11 El Capitan) It has been working fine when hooked up to the USB cable, but I need it to be wireless now.

I can not find if there are new drivers. All searches on the website bring up no answers and bring up the same search page.

Assuming there are no new drivers needed, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer numerous times and can not find anything that will direct me to set up the wireless part. I need simple directions step by step to do this. I have limited computer background. I have run the HP Network Configuration Page and it shows there is no Active Connection Type.

I have located my IPV4 address, my Router address, and my MAC address. I don't know if these are what I need or how to find the correct addresses if these are wrong.

This shouldn't be this hard to figure out. I have spent way too much time on the website trying to find steps to make this work.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PG408,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with connection your HP Officejet 6000 Printer series - E609 to the wireless network.

Only HP Officejet 6000 (E609n) is a Wireless Printer and HP Officejet 6000 (E609a) Printer is not wireless.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Wired Network Printer Setup (Mac)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.