Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

any one help me to install driver for HP deskjet 1180c

HP Recommended

@laylady wrote:

Hello, i have searched high and low for a way to get my HP deskjet 1180c functioning on my computer on which i have Windows 7 64-bit running. When i look in 'Support and Driver's i see that HP has released no drivers for Windows 7 and I dont understand why. The printer isn't old. It's very frustrating.

If someone knows of some drivers out there or if there is a work-around I can try I would really appreciate your suggestions because as it stands this printer is useless to me.

Thanks a lot.

Jon

HP Recommended

The Deskjet 1220c driver can be installed as an alternate driver as shown in this video:

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

These steps did resolve the issue:

1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del)

2. Click Sevices Tab and then Services Button (Bottom Right)

3. Under Name find "Windows Update"

4. Right click "Windows Update" and select Stop do not close / click start and type service find "Windows Update" then stop the service...

5. Open Window Exploper and browse to C:\Windows

6. Delete the Folder "SoftwareDistribution"

7. Go back to Task Manager then  Services, Right click "Windows Update" and select Start.

Then go back to the Add Printer function.   Be patient, this will take several minutes.  You will find that the SoftwareDistribution folder has been rebuilt.

credit to http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/933885 (msgab)

i've try it and it work

HP Recommended

bad i wangtu

HP Recommended

i need to Driver for HP deskjet 1180c on Windows 7 64-bit

HP Recommended

Please  give    ,i need it  ,thank you very much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.