Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP F4580
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I have recently upgraded completely my PC.

I downloaded the driver from the HP site for the printer but by installing I got the message that they do not have the SD driver, therefore I cann't install the drivers to use the printer.

How can I solve this problem?

Many thanks for your support

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi @RolandoP,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to download the HP Software for your HP Deskjet F4580 All-in-One Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like your SSD (Solid State Drive) is full. Please check the amount of free space left on your HDD:

If you have another drive, please download and install it to the other drive. 

• Click here to download the HP Deskjet F4580/F4583 All-in-One printer Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Hope this answers your question. Please respond to this post with the results. Thank you for posting!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello Drakster,

Many thanks for your assistance, I have another HD that I use for storage, on the SSD I install only programs. If I install the drivers there will this work too for the printer? Because there is no OS installed.

On the SSD is enough space it is a 250GB and free space is 195GB this is not the problem.

The link you gave me I dowloaded already but when I try to install on the SSD I got the message that there are no SD driver to install the package.

HP Recommended

Hi @RolandoP,

If you only use the SSD for storage you can not install the software on it, it needs to be installed on your HDD with the operating system on it.

You can download the software to the SSD but you will not be able to install it on the SSD.

Please install the software on your main drive. For example; C:\. 

Thank you.

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

This is on the reverse way, I have installed the OS on the SSD and the normal HD is for storage.

My main drive is the SSD but unfortunately the software that I have downloaded from the HP site (year 2014 version) have not the driver to install on SSD.

Any solution?

HP Recommended

Hi @RolandoP

Thanks for getting back to me. 

SSD drives are for storage and HDD are for reading and writing. It is not ideal for you to be using the SSD drive for the main drive.

I highly recommend that you read this detailed document as it explains why the drive is likely not allowing you to install to it.

Solid-state drives are presented by the operating system the same way mechanical drives are, but they work differently. If you’re a geek, knowing what you shouldn’t do is important.

Don’t Write Constantly To Them
To increase your SSD’s life, you should try to minimize writing to the drive as much as possible. For example, you can do this by tweaking your program’s settings and having them write their temporary files and logs elsewhere, such as to a mechanical hard drive if you have a mechanical hard drive in your computer.

Tweaking such application settings will be going overboard for most users, who shouldn’t have to worry about this. However, you should nevertheless bear this in mind — don’t run applications that have to write temporary files to the drive constantly. If you do use such applications, you may want to point them at a mechanical hard drive where you won’t have to worry about the drive being worn down.

Don’t Store Large, Infrequently Accessed Files
This one is fairly obvious. Solid-state drives are smaller and much more expensive per-gigabyte than mechanical hard drives are. However, they make up for it with reduced power consumption, less noise, and increased speed.

Ideal files to store on your solid-state drives include your operating system files, programs, games, and other files that must be accessed frequently and quickly. It’s a bad idea to store your media collection on a solid-state drive, as the speed isn’t necessary and you’ll use up much of your precious space. If you don’t have enough space on your SSD, store your large media collection on a mechanical hard drive. If you use a laptop, consider getting an external hard drive for your media. Mechanical hard drives are still very good at providing a very large amount of storage at a low cost per-gigabyte.

I hope this helps. Please respond if you have any concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for the long explanation.

I have read all this before installitng the SSD and settled accondingly. I don't have problems at all with all the installed programs my only problem are the HP printer drivers.

I need to know if there is a program or a patch than can allow me to install the printer otherwise I will waste the HP printer and forget HP at all.

I need a solution if possible, if not that is also a reply but then I know.

HP Recommended

Hi @RolandoP,

Thanks for the reply. 

I have been researching this issue while waiting for your response and I interpreted some of the information from that document incorrectly, I would like to retract this statement "SSD drives are for storage and HDD are for reading and writing. It is not ideal for you to be using the SSD drive for the main drive". 

I consulted a computer technician here (I work with printers). The SSD drive should work the way you have it configured. He said that there could be a number of different issues causing this. You may need to check with the computer manufacturer. 

• What is the full name and product number of your computer? If you're not sure how to find that information, please click here for instructions:
  • What is the exact error message? Please attach a screenshot if possible.

Please respond to this post with the results. Thank you for posting!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

As I said I'm using the SSD to run all programs because it is a lot quicker and the HDD to store the files. Programs loading is requiring time through HDD.

The computer is not a compact one or brand assembled, the componets are the following:

Motherboard:  AsRock H110M-HDV

CPU:  INTEL PENTIUM 4400 3.3 GHZ  Dual Core

RAM: Kingston Non EEC DDR4

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 2,5" SATA III 250GB

HDD: WD 500GB

The screen shot with error message is the following:

Immagine.png_.jpg

It is in Italian I hope you have somebody to translate. but to speed up the solution this is the translation:

The computer has not the support Hardware necessary to install USB componets. Impossible to continue installation.

Action required click on Abort to exit software installation. To install peripherical USB please check the computer documentation or the additional information of the additional USB board. If you are sure that PC have USB hardware connectors check the computer documentation to activate the USB interface in the BIOS.

All USB ports are actived from the BIOS so this is not the issue. It seems the installation program see the SSD as a unactivated SD port, I cann't understand why. Please consider that I have the driver problem only with the HP printer, otheri nstallation /  programs works perfectly.

What can be the solution or are there any setting that should be done to get hopefully the printer installed? Can it be that the 64bit OS is causing the problem? 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @RolandoP,

To clarify, do you have an SD slot on the computer or are you referring to your SSD (HDD)?

Due to the nature of the error message and the hardware components, I'm going to recommend that you use alternate methods of installing the HP Software and Drivers.

Please download and run the Print and Scan Doctor.

• What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor (did it print or scan, any error messages)?

• If the issue persists, try using the HP Printer Install Wizard to install the software.

• Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 and try reinstalling again.

Otherwise, I would try reinstalling after you perform the follow steps:

Uninstall and reinstall the HP Software (if installed).

NOTE: If you're using a USB Cable connection between your printer and computer please disconnect that cable now.

To completely remove the print driver installed on the computer, follow these steps as a guideline:

1. On your computer open the Start screen by selecting the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the computer screen or by selecting the Windows key on the bottom left of your keyboard.

2. Under the Start screen type Devices and Printers.

3. Click Devices and Printers to open the window.

4. Right-click on your printer.

5. First, delete any jobs waiting to be printed by selecting Delete print queue and then click OK.

6. Right-click on the printer again and click Remove Device and click Yes.

7. Repeat the same action for any duplicate printer entries.

8. Now, left-click on Print server properties along the top menu.

9. In the Print server properties window select the Drivers tab.

10. Left-click on the Printer in the list and click Remove...

11. Left-click Remove driver only and then click OK.

12. Click Yes to confirm.

13. On the next screen click Delete to remove the driver and then click OK.

14. Repeat the same steps for any duplicates.

15. Once you have removed the drivers, click Close on the Print server properties Window.

16. Reboot the computer.

Reinstall the HP Software:

• Click here to download the HP Deskjet F4580/F4583 All-in-One printer Full Feature Software and Drivers.

NOTE: During the installation process, leave the USB cable disconnected until the installer prompts you to reconnect it.

If the issue persists, try installing the printer using the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.