10-11-2017 01:19 PM
Running OS 10.12 Sierra. Printer, Deskjet 5150, will only print in black and white. Cartridges are brand new. It printed a test page and that was in color so I know the cartridges are good. As far as I can tell, looks like no driver for this printer for 10.12, but want to know if anyone has had a work around so it prints color. We have a deskjet 1010 that prints color fine. Any suggestions?
10-12-2017 03:46 PM
Hello, @CherylK1 – Hope you are well :)
Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I’d like to help!
I understand that you are facing issues while printing color on your Deskjet printer. Did you try to reset the print systems? Here are the steps:
- Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
- Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
- Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
- Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
- Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
- Click the “Add button” (+).
- Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
- Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “AirPrint” would be selected)
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee